Associate Professor Chris Noonan
Chris is Associate Professor and Associate Dean Postgraduate International in the Faculty of Law.
Chris teaches and researches on competition and company law and international trade regulation. He has published a number of articles in these areas and has a particular interest in international competition law. Chris acted as an advisor to a number of international organisations and governments on trade matters.
Research | Current
- Competition Law
- Company Law
- World Trade Organisation
- Regional Economic Integration
Teaching | Current
- LAWCOMM 402 Company Law
- LAWCOMM 422 Competition Law
- LAWCOMM 706 Competition Law and Policy
Associate Dean Postgraduate and International, Faculty of Law
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Noonan, C. G. (2017). Competition Law in New Zealand. New Zealand: Thomson Reuters. Pages: 1224.
- Noonan, C. (2017). Personal liability of directors and employees under the Fair Trading Act. In S. Watson (Ed.) The changing landscape of corporate law (pp. 231-256). Christchurch, New Zealand: The Centre for Commercial & Corporate Law Inc., University of Canterbury.
- Noonan, C. G. (2013). Bad Poynter: International Cartels and Territorial Jurisdiction. New Zealand Business Law Quarterly, 19 (2), 138-168.
- Noonan, C. G. (2013). Slaughterhouse Rules: The Purpose of a Provision in the Commerce Act 1986. New Zealand Business Law Quarterly, 19 (4).
- Noonan, C. G. (2011). Trade Negotiations with the Pacific Islands: Promise, Process and Prognosis. New Zealand Yearbook of International Law, 9, 241-283. Related URL.
- Noonan, C. G., & Watson, S. M. (2010). Defining Directorship. Australian Journal of Corporate Law, 25, 5-26.
- Noonan, C. G. (2008). The Emerging Principles of International Competition Law. Oxford: Oxford University Press, Oxford. Pages: 639.
- Noonan, C. G., & Watson, S. M. (2008). Examining Company Directors through the Lens of De Facto Directorship. Journal of Business Law (7), 587-626.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Susan Watson
Primary office location
1-11 SHORT STREET - Bldg 810
Level 7, Room 743
1-11 SHORT ST