(German) Diploma in Industrial Engineering
After receiving his German “Diplom“ in Industrial Engineering at the Clausthal University of Technology, Germany, Jens gained consulting experience in Santiago de Chile, Hannover/Germany and Wolfsburg/Germany. Prior to the research at the University of Auckland, he prepared and hosted Virtual Assembly Meetings for Volkswagen, Wolfsburg.
Research | Current
Jens research is concerned with facilitating the usage of Advanced Design Information and Advanced CAD Technology in Engineering Design. He will explore the use of Virtual Reality (VR) to facilitate communication among engineers.
He is part of the research team of the "Quality of Preliminary Design Information" (https://qopdi.auckland.ac.nz) project.
Teaching | Current
Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- MECHENG 235 - Design and Manufacture 1 (2019)
- MECHENG 236 - Design and Manufacture 2 (2018)
- MECHENG 235 - Design and Manufacture 1 (2018)
1. Dr David Charles Wynn (Main Supervisor)
2. Professor Xun William Xu (Co-Supervisor)
Areas of expertise
- Consulting experience gained in Santiago de Chile, Hannover/Germany and Wolfsburg/Germany
- Host of Virtual Assembly Meetings for Volkswagen, Wolfsburg