Dr Azam Asanjarani
I hold my PhD in Applied Probability and Statistics from The University of Queensland (Australia). After submitting my thesis in July 2017, I started a postdoctoral position at The University of Melbourne. I joined The University of Auckland as a Lecturer in May 2018.
Teaching | Current
Second Half of STATS 125
First Half of STATS 380
Yue Zhao (Honours- completed 2019)
Areas of expertise
Stochastic modelling, Matrix analytic methods, Queueing systems, Markov decision processes
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Asanjarani, A., & Nazarathy, Y. (2019). Stationary Markovian Arrival Processes, Results and Open Problems. Arxiv Related URL.
- Asanjarani, A., & Nazarathy, Y. (2017). Bursty Markovian arrival processes. Paper presented at 61st Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society, North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia. 12 December - 15 December 2017.
- Asanjarani, A., Nazarathy, Y., & Pollett, P. K. (2017). Parameter and state estimation in queues and related stochastic models: A bibliography.
- Asanjarani, A. (2016). QBD modelling of a finite state controller for queueing systems with unobservable Markovian environments. QTNA '16 Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Queueing Theory and Network Applications Wellington, New Zealand. 10.1145/3016032.3016041
- Asanjarani, A., & Nazarathy, Y. (2016). The role of information in system stability with partially observable servers. Paper presented at AustMS 2016, Canberra, Australia. 5 December - 8 December 2016.
- Asanjarani, A., & Nazarathy, Y. (2016). The role of information in system stability with partially observable servers.
- Asanjarani, A., & Nazarathy, Y. (2016). A queueing approximation of MMPP/PH/1. In T. Van Do, Y. Takahashi, W. Yue, V. H. Nguyen (Eds.) Queueing theory and network applications, 383, 41-51. New York: Springer. 10.1007/978-3-319-22267-7_4
- Asanjarani, A., Nazarathy, Y., & Hautphenne, S. (2015). Parameter estimation for the Markovian transition counting process: An alternative to MMPP. Paper presented at Informs Applied Probability Society Conference, Istanbul, Turkey. 5 July - 8 July 2015.