Mr James Jiusi Jia
NAATI Accreditation As a Professional Translator between English and Mandarin
- Bachelor of Material Science and Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China (Project 985 and 211 university in China)
- Master of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea (World Ranking: 89)
- Exchange united-education program with ETH Zürich, Switzerland (World Ranking: 9)
- Advanced Diploma of Translating (English and Chinese), Australia
- Diploma of Leadership and Management, Australia
After graduation from master degree, with outstanding skills in experiments, James was hired as a mechanical engineer, at Samsung C&T Corporation in Seoul, South Korea. He has been involved in many world-class engineering and construction projects, by providing technical support and general engineering documentation in bidding process for Malaysia Prai Combined Cycle Power Plant, UAE Nuclear Power Plant and Turkey Mersin Combined Cycle Power Plant. With great passion in engineering design and product development, James decided to explore more on the process and practical management. Therefore, he applied for some positions to work on overseas project sites, such as project engineer, coordinator, engineering expediter, mechanical engineer and procurement manager in Australia Roy Hill Iron Ore Mine Project ($10 billion) and Kazakhstan Balkhash Thermal Power Plant Project ($2.50 billion).
Research | Current
Coordination models for effectively managing engineering design and development projects (Project code: 10437649).
According to James work experience, this research will be with a great benefit to engineering design of project-based industry, such as product development, manufacturing and construction which is one of the pillar industries in New Zealand. Coordination models involve significant information exchange among members of multidisciplinary project teams, including procurement team, engineering design team, quality control team and so on. Effective management, therefore, becomes complex but essential for successful development and delivery of project.
1. Dr David Charles Wynn (Main Supervisor)
2. Professor Xun William Xu (Co-Supervisor)
1. Excellent Graduate in Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
2. Outstanding Scientific Poster Exhibition in the 52nd KSTLE (Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers), South Korea
3. Research Fellow Scholarship (about $42,000 USD) in Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
Areas of expertise
- Project engineering (expediting, quality control)
- Project management (coordination, scheduling, procurement)
- Tribology: friction, wear, lubrication, surface engineering
- Materials engineering: synthetic metals, nano materials