Ms Lisa Jane Crowley
Lisa Crowley works in photography and moving image. Her practice draws on diverse lineages of feminist practice. These different strands of thought, spanning the scientific, the mystic and the creative, share an understanding of the natural world through embodied and speculative orientations.
Working with the traces of these practices, and, by embedding them in the immanent and granular materiality of the analogue - Crowley proposes different a logic for being. Her works reveal various forms of feminist ‘doing’; the visual signs of which, are dispersed amongst imagery of the animal and the mineral at work. In pairing the traces of the labour of embodied knowledge-making with the materiality of the world-in-process, Crowley’s work proposes a different kind of intelligence – one that speaks to affective and distributive forms of being.
She has exhibited both nationally and internationally.
Research | Current
- Art education theory and practice
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Porter, G., Watson, G., Harrison, N., Graham, E. R., & Bryant, J. (2017). The Incandescents [Written publication]. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Crowley, L. (2015). Imagining the future art school curriculum. Paper presented at Art School of the Future Symposium, Massey University, Wellington. 9 July - 11 July 2015.
- Crowley, L. J. Flora photographica Aotearoa [Digital black and white print] Bowen House Exhibition Space, Wellington. 7/2/2014 - 25/3/2014 Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Julia Gatley
- Crowley, L. J. A deep plane [Photography] McNamara Gallery, Wanganui. 6/9/2013 - 27/9/2013 Related URL.
- Crowley, L. J. Available light [Silver gelatin photographs] McNamara Gallery, Wanganui. 7/6/2013 - 30/8/2013 Related URL.
- Crowley, L. J. Printed Mind [Photography] Fox Jensen Gallery. 27/9/2011 - 5/11/2011
- Crowley, L. J. The Reading Hall [16mm film and hd video] Te Tuhi Gallery, Auckland. 24/9/2011 - 5/11/2011
- Crowley, L. J. (4/8/2011). Untitled 1-3 (stars) at Auckland Art Fair 2011 [Photographs], Auckland Art Fair, Viaduct Event Centre.
FINE ARTS STUDIO BLOCK 431
Level 4, Room 431-402
20 WHITAKER PL
Primary office location
FINE ARTS STUDIO - Bldg 431
Level 4, Room 403
20 WHITAKER PL