Dr Mojtaba Mahdavi
Mojtaba Mahdavi holds a PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from The University of Auckland. He did both his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Industrial Engineering in Iran, where he was also working for six years before starting his PhD in August 2014. Mojtaba’s working experience was in production planning and quality control in different companies, mostly in automotive and lighting industries. He is currently a Lecture at The University of Auckland Business School. His research interests are Supply Chain Strategy, Inventory Planning, and Business Optimisation Modelling. Courses taught include Business Logistics, Operations and Supply Chain Strategy, and Global Operations Management.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Mahdavi Najafabadi, M. (2019). Supply Chain Strategy: Further Development on how to Match Product Type with Supply Chain Design The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.
- Mahdavi, M., & Olsen, T. L. (2017). How are supply chain optimal decisions influenced by product characteristics?. Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
- Mahdavi, M., & Olsen, T. L. (2017). Designing effective supply chains in strategic alignment with demand characteristics and market requirements. Foundations and Trends® in Technology, Information and Operations Management, 10 (2), 89-208. 10.1561/0200000049
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Tava Olsen
- Mahdavi, M., & Mahdavi, M. (2014). Stochastic Lead Time Demand Estimation via Monte Carlo Simulation Technique in Supply Chain Planning. SAINS MALAYSIANA, 43 (4), 629-636.
- Mahdavi, M., & Mahdavi, M. (2011). Reliability based improving model for complicated systems lifetime distribution. JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH, 70 (9), 751-755.
- Mahdavi, M., & Mahdavi, M. (2009). Optimization of age replacement policy using reliability based heuristic model. JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH, 68 (8), 668-673.
- Mahdavi, M., & Mahdavi, M. (2008). Most Reliable Age Replacement Policy; A New Hazard Rate Analyzing Mathematical Model. Paper presented at International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, SINGAPORE. 8 December - 11 December 2008. IEEM: 2008 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, VOLS 1-3. (pp. 3). 10.1109/IEEM.2008.4737926
- Mahdavi, M., & Mahdavi, M. (2007). An optimizing applied algorithm for complicated non-Markov queuing systems via simulation (A case study). Paper presented at IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, SINGAPORE. 2 December - 5 December 2007. 2007 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, VOLS 1-4. (pp. 2). 10.1109/IEEM.2007.4419502
Mobile: +64 21 1890495
Primary office location
SIR OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
12 GRAFTON RD