Associate Professor Stephen Allan Buetow
MA (Hons), PhD
Research | Current
- Person-centred health care
- Human flourishing
- Theory and philosophy in medicine and the health sciences
- Qualitative research
- Clinician-patient relationship
- Primary care neurology
Teaching | Current
Masters thesis coordinator
Director, POPLHLTH 701, Research methods in health.
Lead coordinator, POPLHLTH 202, Research methods in health
I have supervised 12 PhD students to successful completion. I currently supervise 2 PhD students and 1 Masters student.
Associate-editor, Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice
Associate-editor, European Journal for Person-Centered Healthcare
Honorary professor, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Book prize 2016: European Society for Person-Centred Healthcare, London.
Deputy head, general practice and primary health care
Areas of expertise
Person-centred health care
Distinguished member of the European Society for Person-Centred Healthcare.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Buetow, S. A., Martinez-Martin, P., Hirsch, M. A., & Oakun, M. S. (2016). Beyond patient-centred care: Person-centred care for Parkinson's disease. NPJ Parkinson's Disease, 2 (16019), 1-4. 10.1038/npjparkd.2016.19
- Buetow, S. (2016). Person-centred health care: Balancing the welfare of clinicians and patients. London, UK: Routledge. Pages: 182.