Dr Abdul-Rasheed Amidu
BSc. MPhil, PGCert, PhD, FHEA, MRICS, MPINZ, ANIVS, RSV
Dr Abdul-Rasheed Amidu is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Property and teaches graduate and undergraduate courses on property valuation. Prior to joining the Department, Dr Amidu was a Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader (Real Estate) at Birmingham City University, UK (2008-2016). He has also been a Lecturer of Estate Management at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria (2003-2008). Dr Amidu is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), a Member of the Property Institute of New Zealand (MPINZ), an Associate of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (ANIVS) and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Research | Current
- Development of property valuation expertise
- Behaviouralism in property valuation decision making
- Operation of property markets in emerging economies
- Land policies and administration
Teaching | Current
Property 211 Property Valuation
Property 311 Advanced Valuation
Property 713 Seminar in Valuation
Areas of expertise
Dr. Abdul-Rasheed Amidu is experienced in teaching, research and academic writing. His previous research has, for instance, involved exploring how valuers cognitive development affect valuation problem solving, investigating the factors that influence real estate valuation decisions and how the biases of expert valuers influence their judgment; and examining the performance of property investment vehicles and the impact of auction on the operation of both the property market and property indices, especially in less developed economies.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Amidu, A., Boyd, D., & Gobet, F. (2019). A study of the interplay between intuition and rationality in valuation decision making. Journal of Property Research10.1080/09599916.2019.1687572
- Amidu, A.-R., Boyd, D., & Agboola, A. O. (2019). The role of knowledge in valuation practice: expert valuers' perceptions. JOURNAL OF PROPERTY INVESTMENT & FINANCE, 37 (6), 524-540. 10.1108/JPIF-11-2018-0089
- Amidu, A., Boyd, D., & Gobet, F. (2019). A protocol analysis of use of forward and backward reasoning during valuation problem solving. Property Management, 37 (5), 638-661. Related URL.
- Amidu, A.-R., Ogbesoyen, O., & Agboola, A. O. (2018). Exploring gaps between real estate curriculum and industry needs: a mapping exercise. PACIFIC RIM PROPERTY RESEARCH JOURNAL, 24 (3), 265-283. 10.1080/14445921.2018.1552472
- Amidu, A.-R., & Boyd, D. (2018). Expert problem solving practice in commercial property valuation: an exploratory study. Journal of Property Investment and Finance, 36 (4), 366-382. 10.1108/JPIF-05-2017-0037
- Agboola, A. O., Scofield, D., & Amidu, A. (2017). Understanding property market operations from a dual institutional perspective: The case of Lagos, Nigeria. Land Use Policy, 68, 89-96. 10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.07.047
- Amidu, A. R. (2017). A review of funding and its implications for construction clients. In Haugbølle K, D. Boyd (Eds.) Clients and users in construction: Agency, governance and innovation (pp. 87-102). London and New York: Routledge.
- Amidu, A. (2016). Expertise development in commercial property valuation practice Birmingham City University. Birmingham City University. Related URL.