Dr Amir Ashoorzadeh
Dr Amir Ashoorzadeh
Dr Amir Ashoorzadeh
https://unidirectory.auckland.ac.nz/profile/a-ashoorzadehSenior Research Fellow The University of Auckland: Auckland Cancer Research Centre
Areas of expertise
Organic Synthetic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Li, X., Guise, C. P., Taghipouran, R., Yosaatmadja, Y., Ashoorzadeh, A., Paik, W.-K., ... Xu, Y. (2017). 2-Oxo-3, 4-dihydropyrimido[4, 5-d]pyrimidinyl derivatives as new irreversible pan fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) inhibitors. European journal of medicinal chemistry, 135, 531-543. 10.1016/j.ejmech.2017.04.049
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christopher Guise, Christopher Squire, Adam Patterson, Jeffrey Smaill, Yuliana Yosaatmadja
- Copp, J. N., Mowday, A. M., Williams, E. M., Guise, C. P., Ashoorzadeh, A., Sharrock, A. V., ... Ackerley, D. F. (2017). Engineering a Multifunctional Nitroreductase for Improved Activation of Prodrugs and PET Probes for Cancer Gene Therapy. Cell chemical biology, 24 (3), 391-403. 10.1016/j.chembiol.2017.02.005
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jeffrey Smaill, Christopher Guise, Jack Flanagan, Adam Patterson
- Cavazos, A., Ma, H., Benito, J. M., Levis, M. J., Daver, N., Ashoorzadeh, A., ... Konopleva, M. (2016). Pre-clinical activity of novel hypoxia-activated FLT3 inhibitors in FLT3-mutated AML. Paper presented at 58th Annual Meeting and Exposition of the American-Society-of-Hematology, San Diego, CA. 3 December - 6 December 2016. Blood. (pp. 5). Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jeffrey Smaill
- Mowday, A. M., Ashoorzadeh, A., Williams, E. M., Copp, J. N., Silva, S., Bull, M. R., ... Guise, C. P. (2016). Rational design of an AKR1C3-resistant analog of PR-104 for enzyme-prodrug therapy. Biochemical pharmacology, 116, 176-187. 10.1016/j.bcp.2016.07.015
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jack Flanagan, Adam Patterson, Bob Anderson, Jeffrey Smaill, Christopher Guise, Maria Abbattista, Matthew Bull
- Jackson, V., Silva, S., Abbattista, M., Guise, C., Bull, M., Ashoorzadeh, A., ... Patterson, A. (2015). Preclinical rationale for the ongoing Phase 2 study of the hypoxia-activated EGFR-TKI tarloxotinib bromide (TH-4000) in patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) or skin (SCCS). Paper presented at AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics, Boston, Massachusetts. 5 November - 9 November 2015. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Maria Abbattista, Christopher Guise, Adam Patterson, Matthew Bull, Jeffrey Smaill
- Patterson, A. V., Silva, S., Guise, C., Abbattista, M., Bull, M., Hsu, H.-L., ... Ashoorzadeh, A. (2015). Abstract 5358: The hypoxia-activated EGFR-TKI TH-4000 overcomes erlotinib-resistance in preclinical NSCLC models at plasma levels achieved in a Phase 1 clinical trial. Cancer Research. 10.1158/1538-7445.AM2015-5358
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Gus Grey, Adam Patterson, Christopher Guise, Maria Abbattista, Bob Anderson, Jeffrey Smaill, Matthew Bull
- Smaill, J., Lu, G. L., Lee, H., Abbattista, M. R., Guise, C., Hsu, H. L., ... Anderson, R. (2015). The discovery of tarloxotinib bromide*: A first-in-class hypoxia-activated tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Paper presented at New Zealand Society for Oncology Conference 2015, Christchurch. 2 November - 3 November 2015. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Maria Abbattista, Leon Lu, Ho Lee, Christopher Guise, Jagdish Jaiswal, Stephen Jamieson, Bob Anderson, Adam Patterson
- Guise, C. P., Mowday, A. M., Ashoorzadeh, A., Yuan, R., Lin, W.-H., Wu, D.-H., ... Ding, K. (2014). Bioreductive prodrugs as cancer therapeutics: targeting tumor hypoxia. Chin J Cancer, 33 (2), 80-86. 10.5732/cjc.012.10285
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Adam Patterson, Christopher Guise, Jeffrey Smaill