Mr Avinesh Pillai
Avinesh attended Auckland University for his MSc (in Statistics). He then started work at the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) in Sydney as a medical statistician and later joined the George Institute for International Health in Sydney in 2007. He moved back to Auckland and joined the Department of Statistics in 2011.
Research | Current
Avinesh's research interests include longitudinal data methods and statistical computing.
Avinesh is a consultant within the Department of Statistics Statistical Consulting Centre.
- Accredited statistician, Statistical Society of Australia
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Parsons, M., Parsons, J., Rouse, P., Pillai, A., Mathieson, S., Parsons, R., ... Kenealy, T. (2018). Corrigendum: Supported Discharge Teams for older people in hospital acute care: a randomized controlled trial. Age and ageing, 47 (3)10.1093/ageing/afx179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Timothy Kenealy
- Lauti, M., Kularatna, M., Pillai, A., Hill, A. G., & MacCormick, A. D. (2018). A Randomised Trial of Text Message Support for Reducing Weight Regain Following Sleeve Gastrectomy. Obesity surgery10.1007/s11695-018-3176-1
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Andrew MacCormick, Andrew Hill
- Teh, R. O., Menzies, O. H., Connolly, M. J., Doughty, R. N., Wilkinson, T. J., Pillai, A., ... Broad, J. B. (2018). Patterns of multi-morbidity and prediction of hospitalisation and all-cause mortality in advanced age. Age and Ageing, 47 (2), 261-268. 10.1093/ageing/afx184
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joanna Broad, Ruth Teh, Martin Connolly, Ngaire Kerse, Thomas Lumley, Rob Doughty
- Parsons, M., Parsons, J., Rouse, P., Pillai, A., Mathieson, S., Parsons, R., ... Kenealy, T. (2018). Supported Discharge Teams for older people in hospital acute care: A randomised controlled trial. Age and Ageing, 47 (2), 288-294. 10.1093/ageing/afx179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Matthew Parsons, John Parsons, Timothy Kenealy, Paul Rouse
- Broadbent, E., Garrett, J., Jepsen, N., Li Ogilvie, V., Ahn, H. S., Robinson, H., ... Pillai, A. (2018). Using Robots at Home to Support Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of medical Internet research, 20 (2)10.2196/jmir.8640
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Bruce MacDonald, Elizabeth Broadbent, Ho Seok AHN, Kathy Peri, Ngaire Kerse, Paul Rouse
- Payne, O., Pillai, A., Wise, M., & Stone, P. (2017). Inequity in timing of prenatal screening in New Zealand: Who are our most vulnerable?. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 57 (6), 609-616. 10.1111/ajo.12649
- Wright-St Clair, V. A., Rapson, A., Kepa, M., Connolly, M., Keeling, S., Rolleston, A., ... Jatrana, S. (2017). Ethnic and gender differences in preferred activities among Māori and non-Māori of advanced age in New Zealand. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 32 (4), 433-446. 10.1007/s10823-017-9324-6
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Janine Wiles, Martin Connolly, Ruth Teh, Joanna Broad, Ngaire Kerse, Angela Rapson
- de Kok, D. S., Teh, R. O., Pillai, A., Connolly, M. J., Wilkinson, T. J., Jacobs, R., ... Schiphof, D. (2017). What is the relationship between visual impairment and cognitive function in octogenarians?. New Zealand Medical Journal, 130 (1460), 33-47.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Marama Muru-Lanning, Ruth Teh, Martin Connolly, Simon Moyes, Robert Jacobs, Ngaire Kerse
SCIENCE CENTRE 303
Level 2, Room 303-203
38 PRINCES ST
Primary office location
SCIENCE CENTRE 303S - Bldg 303S
38 PRINCES ST