Mr Avinesh Pillai
Avinesh attended Auckland University for his MSc (in Statistics). He then started work at the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) in Sydney as a medical statistician and later joined the George Institute for International Health in Sydney in 2007. He moved back to Auckland and joined the Department of Statistics in 2011.
Research | Current
Avinesh's research interests include longitudinal data methods and statistical computing.
Avinesh is a consultant within the Department of Statistics Statistical Consulting Centre.
- Accredited statistician, Statistical Society of Australia
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Teh, R. O., Menzies, O. H., Connolly, M. J., Doughty, R. N., Wilkinson, T. J., Pillai, A., ... Broad, J. B. (2017). Patterns of multi-morbidity and prediction of hospitalisation and all-cause mortality in advanced age. Age and ageing10.1093/ageing/afx184
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joanna Broad, Ruth Teh, Martin Connolly, Thomas Lumley, Rob Doughty
- Parsons, M., Parsons, J., Rouse, P., Pillai, A., Mathieson, S., Parsons, R., ... Kenealy, T. (2017). Corrigendum: Supported Discharge Teams for older people in hospital acute care: a randomized controlled trial. Age and ageing10.1093/ageing/afx179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Timothy Kenealy
- Wright-St Clair, V. A., Rapson, A., Kepa, M., Connolly, M., Keeling, S., Rolleston, A., ... Jatrana, S. (2017). Ethnic and Gender Differences in Preferred Activities among Māori and non-Māori of Advanced age in New Zealand. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 32 (4), 433-446. 10.1007/s10823-017-9324-6
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Janine Wiles, Martin Connolly, Ruth Teh, Joanna Broad, Ngaire Kerse, Angela Rapson
- Parsons, M., Parsons, J., Rouse, P., Pillai, A., Mathieson, S., Parsons, R., ... Kenealy, T. (2017). Supported discharge teams for older people in hospital acute care hospital: A randomised controlled trial. Age and Ageing10.1093/ageing/afx179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Matthew Parsons, John Parsons, Timothy Kenealy, Paul Rouse
- de Kok, D. S., Teh, R. O., Pillai, A., Connolly, M. J., Wilkinson, T. J., Moyes, S. A., ... Schiphof, D. (2017). What is the relationship between visual impairment and cognitive function in octogenarians?. The New Zealand medical journal, 130 (1460), 33-47.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Marama Muru-Lanning, Ruth Teh, Martin Connolly, Simon Moyes, Robert Jacobs, Ngaire Kerse
- Wiles, J. L., Rolleston, A., Pillai, A., Broad, J., Teh, R., Gott, M., & Kerse, N. (2017). Attachment to place in advanced age: A study of the LiLACS NZ cohort. Social Science and Medicine, 185, 27-37. 10.1016/j.socscimed.2017.05.006
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Merryn Gott, Janine Wiles, Joanna Broad, Ruth Teh, Ngaire Kerse
- Payne, O., Pillai, A., Wise, M., & Stone, P. (2017). Inequity in timing of prenatal screening in New Zealand: Who are our most vulnerable?. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology10.1111/ajo.12649
- Macdonald-Laurs, E., Ganeshalingham, A., Lillie, J., McSharry, B., Segedin, E. R., Best, E., ... Grant, C. C. (2017). Increasing Incidence of Life-Threatening Pertussis. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, 36 (3), 282-289. 10.1097/INF.0000000000001441
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Emma Best, Cameron Grant, Catherine Gilchrist
SCIENCE CENTRE 303
Level 2, Room 303-203
38 PRINCES ST
SCIENCE CENTRE 303S - Bldg 303S
38 PRINCES ST