Mr Avinesh Pillai
Avinesh attended Auckland University for his MSc (in Statistics). He then started work at the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) in Sydney as a medical statistician and later joined the George Institute for International Health in Sydney in 2007. He moved back to Auckland and joined the Department of Statistics in 2011.
Research | Current
Avinesh's research interests include longitudinal data methods and statistical computing.
Avinesh is a consultant within the Department of Statistics Statistical Consulting Centre.
- Accredited statistician, Statistical Society of Australia
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Hobbs, M. R., Atatoa Carr, P., Fa'alili-Fidow J, Pillai, A., Morton, S. M. B., & Grant, C. C. (2018). How differing methods of ascribing ethnicity and socio-economic status affect risk estimates for hospitalisation with infectious disease. Epidemiology and infection, 1-9. 10.1017/s0950268818002935
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Mark Hobbs, Susan Morton, Cameron Grant
- Lai, H. K., Camargo, C. A., Woodward, A., Hobbs, M., Pillai, A., Morton, S. M., & Grant, C. C. (2018). Long-term exposure to neighborhood smoke from household heating and risk of respiratory and dermatological prescription medications-Growing Up in New Zealand child cohort study. Allergy10.1111/all.13615
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cameron Grant, Susan Morton, Alistair Woodward
- Lauti, M., Kularatna, M., Pillai, A., Hill, A. G., & MacCormick, A. D. (2018). A Randomised Trial of Text Message Support for Reducing Weight Regain Following Sleeve Gastrectomy. Obesity surgery, 28 (8), 2178-2186. 10.1007/s11695-018-3176-1
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Andrew MacCormick, Andrew Hill
- Jameson, M. B., Arendse, M., Pillai, A., Warren, J., Lolohea, S., & van Dalen, R. (2018). Final analysis of a randomized placebo-controlled double-blind phase II trial of perioperative cimetidine (CIM) in early colorectal cancer (CRC). JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY. (pp. 2). 10.1200/JCO.2018.36.15_suppl.e15678
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Michael Jameson
- Parsons, M., Parsons, J., Rouse, P., Pillai, A., Mathieson, S., Parsons, R., ... Kenealy, T. (2018). Corrigendum: Supported Discharge Teams for older people in hospital acute care: a randomized controlled trial. Age and ageing, 47 (3)10.1093/ageing/afx179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Timothy Kenealy
- Morton, S. M. B., Grant, C. C., Walker, C. G., Berry, S. D., Meissel, K., Ly, K., ... Wilson, S. (2018). Growing up in New Zealand: A longitudinal study of New Zealand children and their families. Transition to school. Auckland, New Zealand: Growing Up in New Zealand. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kane Meissel, Susan Morton, Cameron Grant, Caroline Walker, Emma Marks, Lisa Underwood, Jacinta Fa'alili-Fidow
- Teh, R. O., Menzies, O. H., Connolly, M. J., Doughty, R. N., Wilkinson, T. J., Pillai, A., ... Broad, J. B. (2018). Patterns of multi-morbidity and prediction of hospitalisation and all-cause mortality in advanced age. Age and Ageing, 47 (2), 261-268. 10.1093/ageing/afx184
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joanna Broad, Ruth Teh, Martin Connolly, Ngaire Kerse, Thomas Lumley, Rob Doughty
- Parsons, M., Parsons, J., Rouse, P., Pillai, A., Mathieson, S., Parsons, R., ... Kenealy, T. (2018). Supported Discharge Teams for older people in hospital acute care: A randomised controlled trial. Age and Ageing, 47 (2), 288-294. 10.1093/ageing/afx179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Matthew Parsons, John Parsons, Timothy Kenealy, Paul Rouse
SCIENCE CENTRE 303
Level 2, Room 303-203
38 PRINCES ST
Primary office location
SCIENCE CENTRE 303S - Bldg 303S
38 PRINCES ST