Dr Asha Sundaram
MPhil, Oxford University, MA PhD Syracuse University, New York
Asha Sundaram is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Economics, Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Auckland. She has an MPhil in Economics from the University of Oxford, United Kingdom and a PhD in Economics from Syracuse University, United States. Her research interests are in the fields of International Trade and Development Economics. Topics she works on include the role of networks in international trade and the impact of globalisation on labour markets and firms. She has consulted for international organizations like the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
Areas of expertise
International Trade, Development Economics, Applied Econometrics
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Kamal, F., & Sundaram, A. (2019). Do institutions determine economic Geography? Evidence from the concentration of foreign suppliers. JOURNAL OF URBAN ECONOMICS, 110, 89-101. 10.1016/j.jue.2019.02.001
- Edwards, L., & Sundaram, A. (2017). Trade liberalization, rival exporters and reallocation of production: An analysis of Indian manufacturing. Review of International Economics, 25 (3), 677-693. 10.1111/roie.12279
- Kamal, F., & Sundaram, A. (2016). Buyer-seller relationships in international trade: Do your neighbors matter?. Journal of International Economics, 102, 128-140. 10.1016/j.jinteco.2016.07.006
- Sundaram, A. (2015). The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Micro Enterprises: Do Banks Matter? Evidence from Indian Manufacturing. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 77 (6), 832-853.
- Peters, A. C., & Sundaram, A. (2015). Country of origin and employment prospects among immigrants: An analysis of south-south and north-south migrants to South Africa. Applied Economics Letters, 22 (17), 1415-1418. 10.1080/13504851.2015.1037428
- Balchin, N., Edwards, L., & Sundaram, A. (2015). A disaggregated analysis of product price integration in the Southern African development community. Journal of African Economies, 24 (3), 390-415. 10.1093/jae/ejv004
- Sundaram, A. (2014). Export Controls. Bridging the Pacific: Toward Free Trade and Investment Between China and the United States. Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Sundaram, A. (2014). The impact of trade liberalization on micro enterprises: Do banks matter? Evidence from Indian manufacturing. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 77 (6), 832-853. 10.1111/obes.12082
Primary office location
SIR OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
Level 6, Room 6103
12 GRAFTON RD