Dr Addison Pan
PhD in Economics, Massey University
Addison joined the Economics Department as a Post-doctoral research fellow in September 2016. She is also the manager of the Laboratory for Business Decision Making (DECIDE) based at the University of Auckland Business School. She received her PhD in Economics in August 2016 from Massey University. She is also a member of the Centre for Mathematical Social Science (CMSS) and a member of the Research Network for Applied and Theoretical Economics (ATE). Her research focuses on decision theory, experimental methods and behavioural economics.
Research | Current
- "Frontiers of Decision Theory.” PhD Thesis. Massey University, August 2016.
- Collective Deliberation Under Non-Common Prior: Theory (with S. Fabrizi), 2016.
- Collective Deliberation Under Non-Common Prior: Experimentation (with S. Fabrizi & S. Lippert), 2016.
- A Generalisation of Feddersen and Pesendorfer (1998): Voting Under Ambiguity (with S. Fabrizi), 2016.
Teaching | Current
- Massey University Research Fund for research into "Collective Deliberation under Ambiguity: Theory and Experimentation," 2015 (with S. Fabrizi, NZ$ 4,198.00).
- Massey University Doctoral Scholarship Recipient, 09/2013-08/2016.
- Massey Masterate Scholarship Recipient, 2011.
- Westpac Financial Economics Prize Recipient for Highest GPA achievement in Postgraduate Studies, 2011.
- Distinction Graduate Student of Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade, 2009.
- Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade Dean's List recipient (multiple semesters), 2005-2009.
Manager of Laboratory for Business Decision Making (DECIDE), University of Auckland Business School, 09/2016-08/2018. http://hfbeltran.wixsite.com/decide
Areas of expertise
Decision Theory, Experimental Methods and Behavioural Economics, Mathematical Economics.
OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
Level 6, Room 658
12 GRAFTON RD