Dr Alex Jorgensen
BA, LLB, MA (First Class Honours)(UoA), PhD (UoA)
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
BA in Anthropology, Faculty of Arts, The University of Auckland
LLB, School of Law, The University of Auckland
MA (First Class Honours), The University of Auckland
PhD The University of Auckland
Department: Department of Anthropology
Research | Current
- Pre-contact Mãori mobility strategies in northern New Zealand
- Pre-contact Mãori horticultural and subsistence practices
- Locational modelling of archaeological sites in New Zealand
- Heritage Management legislation and the protection of archaeological sites in New Zealand
- Lithic artefact analysis and marine resource exploitation and extraction techniques.
Council Member, New Zealand Archaeological Association
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Prebble, M., Anderson, A. J., Augustinus, P. C., Emmitt, J., Fallon, S. J., Furey, L. L., ... Matthews, P. J. (2019). Early tropical crop production in marginal subtropical and temperate Polynesia. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences10.1073/pnas.1821732116
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Paul Augustinus, Joshua Emmitt, Simon Holdaway, Thegn Ladefoged
- Holdaway, S. J., Emmitt, J., Furey, L., Jorgensen, A., O'Regan G, Phillipps, R., ... Ladefoged, T. N. (2019). Māori settlement of New Zealand: the Anthropocene as a process. Archaeology in Oceania, 54 (1), 17-34. 10.1002/arco.5173
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Simon Holdaway, Joshua Emmitt, Louise Furey, Gerard O'Regan, Thegn Ladefoged, Rebecca Phillipps
- McCoy, M. D., Jorgensen, A., Glover, H., Stevenson, C., Kneebone, B., Cruickshank, A., ... O'Neale DR (2019). Geochemical Sourcing of New Zealand Obsidians by Portable X-Ray Fluorescence from 2011 to 2018. Journal of Open Archaeology Data, 710.5334/joad.52
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Dion O'Neale, Thegn Ladefoged
- Jorgensen, A. F. (2018). Stone Artefact Assemblages and Mobility, Sedentism and Occupation Duration: A Case Study from Northern New Zealand The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.
- Furey, L., Emmitt, J. J., Phillipps, R., Ladefoged, T., Jorgensen, A., & Holdaway, S. (2017). Brief interim report for excavations on Ahuahu Great Mercury Island, June 2014 to February 2017. Archaeology in New Zealand, 60 (3), 45-63.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joshua Emmitt, Rebecca Phillipps, Thegn Ladefoged, Simon Holdaway
- Furey, L., Jorgensen, A., Phillipps, R., Holdaway, S., Wallace, R., & Emmitt, J. (2015). Early settlement on Ahuahu Great Mercury Island. Paper presented at 61st Conference for the New Zealand Archaeological Association, Waitangi, NZ. 17 June - 20 June 2015. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joshua Emmitt, Rebecca Phillipps, Simon Holdaway