Dr Bernard de Bono
MD Malta, PhD Camb.
Bernard de Bono, MD PhD, leads on the development of semantic interoperability infrastructure and standards for biomedical resources. In particular, he is developing the requisite computational infrastructure for the ontology-based annotation, sharing and inferencing of physiology-related semantic metadata to bridge resources generated by the Innovative Medicines Initiative and Virtual Physiological Human communities.
In addition, de Bono has developed the ApiNATOMY approach to ontology visualisation in support of more effective knowledge management by the physiology and pharmaceutical research communities. de Bono holds Principal Investigator positions at the Auckland Bioengineering Institute and University College London.
Areas of expertise
- Computational Biology×
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Wu, H., Oellrich, A., Girges, C., de Bono, B., Hubbard, T. J. P., & Dobson, R. J. B. (2017). Automated PDF highlighting to support faster curation of literature for Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease. Database : the journal of biological databases and curation, 2017 (1).10.1093/database/bax027
- Graf, N., de Bono, B., Bucur, A., Buechler, P., Byrne, H., Dong, F., ... Kolokotroni, E. (2016). A Multiscale Hypermodel to Predict the Nephroblastoma Response to Preoperative Chemotherapy. PEDIATRIC BLOOD & CANCER. (pp. 1).
- Nickerson, D. P., Atalag, K., de Bono, B., & Hunter, P. (2016). The Physiome Project, openEHR Archetypes and the Digital Patient. In C. D. Combs, J. A. Sokolowski, C. M. Banks (Eds.) The Digital Patient Advancing Healthcare, Research, and Education (pp. 101-126). Hoboken, New Jersey, United States: John Wiley & Sons.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Koray Atalag, David Nickerson, Peter Hunter
- Zivaljevic, A., Atalag, K., de Bono, B., & Hunter, P. (19/2/2015). Annotation of Clinical Datasets Using openEHR Archetypes. Poster presented at Auckland Bioengineering Institute Research Forum 2015, Auckland. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Koray Atalag, Aleksandar Zivaljevic, Peter Hunter
- Burger, A., De Bono, B., Hunter, P., Bisbal, J., Frangi, A. F., Hoogendoorn, C., ... Baldock, R. (2011). Integrating volumetric biomedical data in the virtual physiological human. International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, Proceedings, 19-26. 10.1145/2064747.2064753
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Peter Hunter
- Goodall, A. H., Burns, P., Salles, I., Macaulay, I. C., Jones, C. I., Ardissino, D., ... Dudbridge, F. (2010). Transcription profiling in human platelets reveals LRRFIP1 as a novel protein regulating platelet function. Blood, 116 (22), 4646-4656. 10.1182/blood-2010-04-280925
- Vastrik, I., D'Eustachio P, Schmidt, E., Gopinath, G., Croft, D., de Bono, B., ... Matthews, L. (2009). Reactome: a knowledge base of biologic pathways and processes. Genome Biology, 10 (2), 402-402. 10.1186/gb-2009-10-2-402
- Watkins, N. A., Tussen, M. R., Gusnanto, A., de Bono, B., De, S., Miranda-Saavedra, D., ... Erber, W. N. (2008). The HaemAtlas: Characterising Gene Expression in Differentiated Human Blood Cells.. Paper presented at 50th Annual Meeting of the American-Society-of-Hematology, San Francisco, CA. 6 December - 9 December 2008. BLOOD. (pp. 1).