https://unidirectory.auckland.ac.nz/profile/b-poolResearch Technician The University of Auckland: Medicine
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Dalbeth, N., Pool, B., Chhana, A., Lin, J.-M., Tay, M. L., Tan, P., ... Drake, J. (2018). Lack of evidence that soluble urate directly influences bone remodelling: A laboratory and clinical study. Calcified Tissue International, 102 (1), 73-84. 10.1007/s00223-017-0328-6
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Nicola Dalbeth, Ashika Chhana, Dorit Naot, Anne Horne, Ian Reid, Andrew Grey, Jillian Cornish, Jian-ming Lin, Mei Lin Tay, Karen Callon, Greg Gamble
- Chhana, A., Pool, B., Choi, A., Gao, R., Zhu, M., Cornish, J., ... Dalbeth, N. (2017). Human cartilage influences the crystallization of monosodium urate; Understanding the link between gout and osteoarthritis. Paper presented at 2017 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA. 3 November - 8 November 2017. Arthritis & Rheumatology Supplement: 2017 ACR/ARHP annual meeting abstract supplement. (pp. 2).
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jillian Cornish, Nicola Dalbeth, Ashika Chhana
- Chhana, A., Pool, B., Tay, M., Callon, K., Musson, D., Naot, D., ... Dalbeth, N. (2017). Direct and indirect effects of monosodium urate crystals on osteocyte cell viability and gene expression; Is there a role for osteocytes in erosive gout?. Paper presented at New Zealand Rheumatology Association and Australian Rheumatology Association with the Rheumatology Health Professionals Association Joint Annual Scientific Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand. 20 May - 23 May 2017. Internal Medicine Journal: Special Issue: New Zealand Rheumatology Association and Australian Rheumatology Association with the Rheumatology Health Professionals Association joint annual scientific meeting. 10.1111/imj.13426
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Karen Callon, Ashika Chhana, David Musson, Dorit Naot, Jillian Cornish
- Musson, D. S., Tay, M. L., Chhana, A., Pool, B., Coleman, B., Naot, D., & Cornish, J. (2017). Lactoferrin and parathyroid hormone are not harmful to primary tenocytesin vitro, but PDGF may be. Muscles Ligaments Tendons Journal, 7 (2), 215-222. 10.11138/mltj/2017.7.2.215
Other University of Auckland co-authors: David Musson, Mei Lin Tay, Ashika Chhana, Dorit Naot, Jillian Cornish
- Lock, A., Gao, R., Callon, K., Pool, B., Choi, A., Munro, J., ... Musson, D. (3/11/2015). In Vitro Immunogenicity Screening of Two Novel Bone Graft Scaffolds. Poster presented at Australian New Zealand Bone & Mineral Society Annual Scientific Meeting 2015 in conjunction with Molecular & Experimental Pathology Society of Australasia (MEPSA) and Matrix Biology Society of Australia and New Zealand (MBSANZ), Hobart, Australia. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Dorit Naot, Jacob Munro, Jillian Cornish, David Musson, Karen Callon
- Dalbeth, N., Pool, B., Chhana, A., Callon, K. E., Naot, D., Gao, R., ... McCarthy, G. M. (1/10/2015). Basic Calcium Phosphate Crystal Interactions with Tenocytes: An in Vitro Model of Calcific Tendinitis. ARTHRITIS & RHEUMATOLOGY.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Karen Callon, Jillian Cornish, Dorit Naot, Ashika Chhana, Nicola Dalbeth
- Dalbeth, N., Pool, B., Shaw, O. M., Harper, J. L., Tan, P., Franklin, C., ... Naot, D. (2015). Role of miR-146a in regulation of the acute inflammatory response to monosodium urate crystals. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 74 (4), 786-790. 10.1136/annrheumdis-2014-205409
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Dorit Naot, Jillian Cornish, Nicola Dalbeth
- Shaw, O. M., Pool, B., Dalbeth, N., & Harper, J. L. (2014). The effect of diet-induced obesity on the inflammatory phenotype of non-adipose-resident macrophages in an in vivo model of gout. Rheumatology (Oxford, England), 53 (10), 1901-1905. 10.1093/rheumatology/keu174
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Nicola Dalbeth