Dr Cindy Xiaopeng Guo
PhD in Optometry, University of Auckland, Jun 2014
MBBS, Medicine and Surgery, Shandong University - Jul 2001
MSc (1st class honours), Biological Science, University of Auckland - May 2005
PhD, Optometry, University of Auckland - Jun 2014
Research Technician (Jan 2006 - Jan 2010) – Auditory Neuroscience, Physiology, University of Auckland
Research | Current
Cindy’s primary focus is on the randomised controlled trial of a novel binocular treatment for amblyopia (lazy eye) using a videogame on iPods (BRAVO Study). Cindy is also interested in investigating mechanisms of binocular visual function and retinal function using a variety of techniques including functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), eye tracking system, ophthalmologic electrophysiology and molecular biology techniques.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Gao, T. Y., Guo, C. X., Babu, R. J., Black, J. M., Bobier, W. R., Chakraborty, A., ... Jiang, Y. (2018). Effectiveness of a Binocular Video Game vs Placebo Video Game for Improving Visual Functions in Older Children, Teenagers, and Adults With Amblyopia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA ophthalmology10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2017.6090
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Benjamin Thompson, Joanna Black, Yannan Jiang, Yitian Tina Gao
- Gao, T. Y., Guo, C. X., South, J., Black, J., Dai, S., Anstice, N., & Thompson, B. (2017). Resolution of anisometropic amblyopia in a 48-year-old with refractive correction alone. Clinical & experimental optometry, 100 (4), 392-395. 10.1111/cxo.12457
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joanna Black, Yitian Tina Gao, Benjamin Thompson, Nicola Anstice
- Guo, C. X., Babu, R. J., Black, J. M., Bobier, W. R., Lam, C. S. Y., Dai, S., ... Jiang, Y. (2016). Binocular treatment of amblyopia using videogames (BRAVO): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 17 (1)10.1186/s13063-016-1635-3
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Yannan Jiang, Joanna Black, Benjamin Thompson, Natalie Walker, Varsha Parag, Yitian Tina Gao
- Guo, C. X., Mat Nor, M. N., Danesh-Meyer, H. V., Vessey, K. A., Fletcher, E. L., O'Carroll SJ, ... Green, C. R. (2016). Connexin43 Mimetic Peptide Improves Retinal Function and Reduces Inflammation in a Light-Damaged Albino Rat Model. Investigative ophthalmology & visual science, 57 (10), 3961-3973. 10.1167/iovs.15-16643
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Simon OCarroll, Mohd Nasir Mat Nor, Helen Danesh-Meyer, Colin Green, Monica Acosta
- Hess, R. F., Ding, R., Clavagnier, S., Liu, C., Guo, C., Viner, C., ... Zhou, J. (2016). A Robust and Reliable Test to Measure Stereopsis in the Clinic. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 57 (3), 798-804. 10.1167/iovs.15-18690
- Nivison-Smith, L., O'Brien BJ, Truong, M., Guo, C. X., Kalloniatis, M., & Acosta, M. L. (2015). Vinpocetine modulates metabolic activity and function during retinal ischemia. American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology, 308 (9), C737-C749. 10.1152/ajpcell.00291.2014
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Monica Acosta
- Sangi, M., Thompson, B., Guo, X., & Turuwhenua, J. (2015). A Model for Analyzing the Role of Camera Parameters in the Clinical Assessment of Eye Movements. Paper presented at 18th European Conference on Eye Movement Research (ECEM), University of Vienna, Austria. 16 August - 21 August 2015. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Mehrdad Sangi, Benjamin Thompson, Jason Turuwhenua
- Guo, C. X., Tran, H., Green, C. R., Danesh-Meyer, H. V., & Acosta, M. L. (2014). Gap junction proteins in the light-damaged albino rat. Molecular Vision, 20, 670-682. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Helen Danesh-Meyer, Monica Acosta, Colin Green