Dr Charlotte Moragh Jones-Todd
BSc (Hons) mathematics, MSc statistics, PhD statistics
I completed my BSc (Hons) in mathematics at Aberystwyth University, Wales in 2012 before moving onto completing an MSc and PhD in statistics at the University of St Andrews, Scotland (2013 & 2017).
Before joining the statistics department in 2019 I worked at NIWA, Hamilton, NZ as a statistician.
Research | Current
My main research focus is the development of spatio-temporal models that account for the spatial and temporal dependence inherent in data.
Teaching | Current
Semester 2, 2020: STATS210 (NEFU)
Semester 1, 2020: BIOSCI220 (UoA)
Semester 2, 2019: STATS210 (SWU)
To see potential student projects see my website.
- Elvyna Tunggawan, MProfStuds in Data Science Analyzing activity data from osteoarthritis patients
- Anthony Timings (Charlie), honours Spatiotemporal modelling of NZ murders
Departmet of Statistics Sustainability Committee
Chair of Department of Statistics Statistical Ecology group
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Semadeni-Davies, A. F., Jones-Todd, C. M., Srinivasan, M. S., Muirhead, R. W., Elliott, A. H., Shankar, U., & Tanner, C. C. (2019). CLUES model calibration: residual analysis to investigate potential sources of model error. NEW ZEALAND JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH10.1080/00288233.2019.1697708
- Soriano-Redondo, A., Jones-Todd, C. M., Bearhop, S., Hilton, G. M., Lock, L, Stanbury, A., ... Illian, J. B. (2019). Understanding species distribution in dynamic populations: a new approach using spatio-temporal point process models. Ecography, 42 (6), 1092-1102. 10.1111/ecog.03771
- Jones-Todd, C. M., Caie, P., Illian, J. B., Stevenson, B. C., Savage, A., Harrison, D. J., & Bown, J. L. (2019). Identifying prognostic structural features in tissue sections of colon cancer patients using point pattern analysis. Statistics in medicine, 38 (8), 1421-1441. 10.1002/sim.8046
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Ben Stevenson
- Jones-Todd, C. M., Swallow, B., Illian, J. B., & Toms, M. (2018). A spatiotemporal multispecies model of a semicontinuous response. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C (Applied Statistics), 67 (3), 705-722. 10.1111/rssc.12250
- Kool, B., Buller, S., Kuriyan, R., Jones-Todd, C. M., Newcombe, D., & Jones, P. (2018). Alcohol and injury among attendees at a busy inner city New Zealand emergency department. Injury, 49 (4), 798-805. 10.1016/j.injury.2018.02.028
Other University of Auckland co-authors: David Newcombe, Bridget Kool, Peter Jones