Professor Cameron Charles Grant
MBChB, FRACP, PhD
Dr Cameron Grant is Professor at the University of Auckland and a general paediatrician at Starship Children’s Hospital. He graduated MBChB from the University of Otago and PhD from the University of Auckland. Following paediatric training in Auckland Dr Grant completed his postgraduate paediatric training in the United States, firstly as a paediatric resident at Duke University Medical Center, and then as a postdoctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital. He holds qualifications as a paediatrician in Australasia (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Paediatrics) and the United States (Diplomat of the American Board of Paediatrics).
Dr Grant returned to the Johns Hopkins University in 2008 as a Fulbright Senior Scholar. In 2008 he was also awarded an overseas fellowship with the National Institute of Health Research National School of Primary Care (United Kingdom). This fellowship is based in the Department of Primary Health Care at the University of Oxford.
In addition to his clinical practice and research commitments Dr Grant’s teaching skills have been recognised with both faculty and university wide teaching awards including a University of Auckland Teaching Excellence Award for sustained excellence in teaching.
Dr Grant’s research focuses on the prevention of disease and improvement in health by immunisation or through improved nutrition.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Kim, Y., Bird, A., Peterson, E., Underwood, L., Morton, S. M. B., & Grant, C. C. (2020). Maternal Antenatal Depression and Early Childhood Sleep: Potential Pathways Through Infant Temperament. Journal of pediatric psychology, 45 (2), 203-217. 10.1093/jpepsy/jsaa001
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Elizabeth Peterson, Lisa Underwood, Susan Morton
- Chelimo, C., Camargo, C. A., Morton, S. M. B., & Grant, C. C. (2020). Association of Repeated Antibiotic Exposure Up to Age 4 Years With Body Mass at Age 4.5 Years. JAMA network open, 3 (1)10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.17577
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Carol Chelimo, Susan Morton
- Russell, J., Grant, C. C., & Morton, S. M. B. (2019). Multimorbidity in Early Childhood and Socioeconomic Disadvantage: Findings From a Large New Zealand Child Cohort. Academic pediatrics10.1016/j.acap.2019.09.007
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jin Russell, Susan Morton
- Hamm, L. M., Langridge, F., Black, J. M., Anstice, N. S., Vuki, M., Fakakovikaetau, T., ... Dakin, S. C. (2019). Evaluation of vision screening of 5-15-year-old children in three Tongan schools: comparison of The Auckland Optotypes and Lea symbols. Clinical & experimental optometry10.1111/cxo.12958
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Fiona Langridge, Lisa Hamm, Nicola Anstice, Steven Dakin, Joanna Black
- Anderson, Y., Wynter, L., O'Sullivan N, Wild, C., Grant, C., Cave, T., ... Hofman, P. (2019). Two-year outcomes of Whanau Pakari: a novel home-based intervention for child and adolescent obesity. HORMONE RESEARCH IN PAEDIATRICS. (pp. 1).
Other University of Auckland co-authors: José Derraik, Paul Hofman
- Chang, A. B., Oppenheimer, J. J., Kahrilas, P. J., Kantar, A., Rubin, B. K., Weinberger, M., ... CHEST Expert Cough Panel (2019). Chronic Cough and Gastroesophageal Reflux in Children: CHEST Guideline and Expert Panel Report. Chest, 156 (1), 131-140. 10.1016/j.chest.2019.03.035
- Wild, C. E. K., Grant, C. C., Cave, T. L., Wynter, L. E., Derraik, J. G. B., Willing, E. J., ... Anderson, Y. C. (2019). The importance of rurality data in understanding access to healthcare services for childhood obesity. New Zealand Medical Journal, 132 (1494), 60-63. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cervantee Wild, Paul Hofman, Yvonne Anderson, José Derraik
- Anderson, Y. C., Dolan, G. M. S., Wynter, L. E., Treves, K. F., Wouldes, T. A., Grant, C. C., ... Cutfield, W. S. (2019). Caregiver's readiness for change as a predictor of outcome and attendance in an intervention programme for children and adolescents with obesity: a secondary data analysis. BMJ open, 9 (3)10.1136/bmjopen-2018-023195
Other University of Auckland co-authors: José Derraik, Yvonne Anderson, Trecia Wouldes, Wayne Cutfield, Paul Hofman
TAMAKI BUILDING 730 - Bldg 730
Level 3 , Room 314
TAMAKI CAMPUS GATE 1, 261 MORRIN RD
Primary office location
AUCKLAND HOSPITAL - Bldg 599
Level 12, Room 12033
2 PARK RD