Dr Donna Moana Cormack
PhD, MA (Hons), BA
Dr Donna Cormack (Kai Tahu, Kāti Mamoe) is a Senior Lecturer at Te Kupenga Hauora Māori, University of Auckland.
She is convenor of the postgraduate papers MAORIHTH 710 Kaupapa Māori Theory, and MAORIHTH 709 Transformative Research for Māori Health, and teaches into other undegraduate and postgraduate papers in the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences. She is also an active member of Tōmaiora Research Centre within Te Kupenga Hauora Māori.
Donna has a joint position as a researcher at Te Rōpū Rangahau Hauora a Eru Pōmare, University of Otago Wellington.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Harris, R., Cormack, D., Curtis, E., Jones, R., Stanley, J., & Lacey, C. (2016). Development and testing of study tools and methods to examine ethnic bias and clinical decision-making among medical students in New Zealand: The Bias and Decision-Making in Medicine (BDMM) study. BMC Medical Education, 16 (173).10.1186/s12909-016-0701-6
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Elana Curtis, Rhys Jones
- Paine, S.-J., Harris, R., Cormack, D., & Stanley, J. (2016). Racial discrimination and ethnic disparities in sleep disturbance: The 2002/03 New Zealand Health Survey. Sleep, 39 (2), 477-485. 10.5665/sleep.5468
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sarah-Jane Paine
- Harris, R., Cormack, D., Stanley, J., & Rameka, R. (2015). Investigating the relationship between ethnic consciousness, racial discrimination and self-rated health in New Zealand. PLoS One, 10 (2).10.1371/journal.pone.0117343
- Neuwelt, P., Crengle, S., Cormack, D., McLeod, M., & Bramley, D. (2014). General practice ethnicity data: Evaluation of a tool. Journal of Primary Health Care, 6 (1), 49-55.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Pat Neuwelt
- Cormack, D., Harris, R., & Stanley, J. (2014). Relationships between socially-assigned ethnicity, racism and health in New Zealand. Paper presented at NZ Population Health Congress, Aotea Centre, Auckland, NZ. 6 October - 8 March 2014. Related URL.
- Harris, R. B., Cormack, D. M., & Stanley, J. (2013). The relationship between socially-assigned ethnicity, health and experience of racial discrimination for Māori: Analysis of the 2006/07 New Zealand Health Survey. BMC Public Health, 13 (844).10.1186/1471-2458-13-844
- Bécares L, Cormack, D., & Harris, R. (2013). Ethnic density and area deprivation: Neighbourhood effects on Māori health and racial discrimination in Aotearoa/New Zealand. Social Science and Medicine, 88, 76-82. 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.04.007
- Cormack, D. M., Harris, R. B., & Stanley, J. (2013). Investigating the relationship between socially-assigned ethnicity, racial discrimination and health advantage in New Zealand. PLoS One, 8 (12).10.1371/journal.pone.0084039