Professor Edmund John Crampin
DPhil in Mathematical Sciences. BSc Hons in Physics.
Professor Edmund Crampin is the Rowden White Chair of Systems and Computational Biology at the University of Melbourne. Edmund directs the Systems Biology Lab at the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Edmund was a staff member of the Auckland Bioengineering Institute from 2003 until 2013, when he moved to the University of Melbourne to take up the Chair of Systems and Computational Biology. This marked a change in his relationship with the ABI rather than an ending, as he continues to collaborate with his ABI colleagues.
For more information about Edmund, see his staff profile at the University of Melbourne.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Andrews, M. C., Cursons, J., Hurley, D. G., Anaka, M., Cebon, J. S., Behren, A., & Crampin, E. J. (2016). Systems analysis identifies miR-29b regulation of invasiveness in melanoma. Molecular cancer, 15 (1)10.1186/s12943-016-0554-y
- Tran, K., Loiselle, D. S., & Crampin, E. J. (2015). Regulation of cardiac cellular bioenergetics: Mechanisms and consequences. Physiological Reports, 3 (7).10.14814/phy2.12464
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kenneth Tran, Denis Loiselle
- Detchokul, S., Elangovan, A., Crampin, E. J., Davis, M. J., & Frauman, A. G. (2015). Network analysis of an in vitro model of androgen-resistance in prostate cancer. BMC cancer, 1510.1186/s12885-015-1884-7
- Cursons, J., Leuchowius, K.-J., Waltham, M., Tomaskovic-Crook, E., Foroutan, M., Bracken, C. P., ... Davis, M. J. (2015). Stimulus-dependent differences in signalling regulate epithelial-mesenchymal plasticity and change the effects of drugs in breast cancer cell lines. Cell communication and signaling : CCS, 1310.1186/s12964-015-0106-x
- Cursons, J., Gao, J., Hurley, D. G., Print, C. G., Dunbar, P. R., Jacobs, M. D., & Crampin, E. J. (2015). Regulation of ERK-MAPK signaling in human epidermis. BMC systems biology, 910.1186/s12918-015-0187-6
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cristin Print, Rod Dunbar
- Han, J.-C., Tran, K., Taberner, A. J., Nickerson, D. P., Kirton, R. S., Nielsen, P. M. F., ... Loiselle, D. S. (2012). Myocardial twitch duration and the dependence of oxygen consumption on pressure-volume area: experiments and modelling. J Physiol, 590 (18), 4603-4622. 10.1113/jphysiol.2012.228965
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Denis Loiselle, Marie-Louise Ward, Poul Nielsen, Martyn Nash, David Nickerson, Andrew Taberner, Kenneth Tran, June-Chiew Han
- Palk, L., Sneyd, J., Patterson, K., Shuttleworth, T. J., Yule, D. I., Maclaren, O., & Crampin, E. J. (2012). Modelling the effects of calcium waves and oscillations on saliva secretion. J Theor Biol, 305, 45-53. 10.1016/j.jtbi.2012.04.009
Other University of Auckland co-authors: James Sneyd, Oliver Maclaren
- Hurley, D., Araki, H., Tamada, Y., Dunmore, B., Sanders, D., Humphreys, S., ... Tomiyasu, Y. (2012). Gene network inference and visualization tools for biologists: application to new human transcriptome datasets. Nucleic Acids Res, 40 (6), 2377-2398. 10.1093/nar/gkr902
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cristin Print