Dr Eva Hakansson
PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Denver, Colorado, USA (2016), M.S. Mechancial Engineering, University of Denver (2013), B.S. Environmental Science, Malardalen University, Sweden (2005), B.S. Business Administration with emphasis in Ecological Economics, Malardalen University (2005)
Teaching | Current
ENGGEN 115 - Principles of Engineering Design
Areas of expertise
Mechanics, materials, and aerodynamics for ultra-high speed (electric) vehicles
Electric racing vehicles (builder and rider of the world's fastest electric motorcycle - 434 km/h so far!) Check out my personal website http://www.EvaHakanssonRacing.com
CAD and 3D printing
Corrosion (PhD dissertation; "Galvanic corrosion of carbon/aluminum composite systems")
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Waters, D. H., Hoffman, J., Hakansson, E., & Kumosa, M. (2017). Low-velocity impact to transmission line conductors. International Journal of Impact Engineering, 106, 64-72. 10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2017.03.010
- Hakansson, E., Hoffman, J., Predecki, P., & Kumosa, M. (2017). The role of corrosion product deposition in galvanic corrosion of aluminum/carbon systems. Corrosion Science, 114, 10-16. 10.1016/j.corsci.2016.10.011
- Hakansson, E. (2016). Galvanic corrosion of aluminum/carbon composite systems University of Denver. University of Denver.
- Hakansson, E., Predecki, P., & Kumosa, M. S. (2015). Galvanic corrosion of high temperature low sag aluminum conductor composite core and conventional aluminum conductor steel reinforced overhead high Voltage conductors. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 64 (3), 928-934. 10.1109/TR.2015.2427894
- Hakansson, E., Predecki, P., & Kumosa, M. (2015). Numerical model of galvanic corrosion in a polymer composite core conductor. Paper presented at 20 th International Conference on Composite Materials, Copenhagen, Denmark. 19 July - 24 July 2015. (pp. 7).
- Hakansson, E. (2013). Galvanic corrosion of High-Temperature Low-Sag (HTLS) high voltage conductors: New materials - new challenges University of Denver. University of Denver.