Dr Gonzalo Daniel Maso Talou
Eng, MSc, PhD in Computational Modelling
Gonzalo Daniel Maso Talou is a post-doctoral research fellow in Auckland Bioengineering Institute and is currently part of the Virtual Brain Group and the Laboratory for Animate Technologies. He completed his undergraduate studies in Software Engineering at the National University of the Central Buenos Aires in 2010 and his MSc in Scientific Computing and PhD in Computational Modelling at the National Laboratory for Scientific Computing in 2013 and 2017, respectively. In 2015, he received the Prêmio Bolsa Nota 10 scholarship from FAPERJ foundation in recognition to the highest GPA and academic production during the PhD program.
His current research covers topics of computational modelling, machine learning and image processing for different biological systems. His main research interest is around neurovascular models, high-performance computational models and image processing driven by machine learning.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Maso Talou, G. D., Babarenda Gamage, T. P., Sagar, M., & Nash, M. P. (2020). Deep Learning Over Reduced Intrinsic Domains for Efficient Mechanics of the Left Ventricle. Frontiers in Physics, 810.3389/fphy.2020.00030
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Thiranja Babarenda Gamage, Mark Sagar, Martyn Nash
- Babarenda Gamage, T. P., Malcolm, D. T. K., Maso Talou, G., Mîra A, Doyle, A., Nielsen, P. M. F., & Nash, M. P. (2019). An automated computational biomechanics workflow for improving breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. Interface focus, 9 (4)10.1098/rsfs.2019.0034
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Martyn Nash, Thiranja Babarenda Gamage, Anthony Doyle, Poul Nielsen
- Blanco, P. J., Bulant, C. A., Müller LO, Talou, G. D. M., Bezerra, C. G., Lemos, P. A., & Feijóo RA (2018). Comparison of 1D and 3D Models for the Estimation of Fractional Flow Reserve. Scientific reports, 8 (1)10.1038/s41598-018-35344-0
- Maso Talou, G. D., Blanco, P. J., Ares, G. D., Guedes Bezerra, C., Lemos, P. A., & Feijóo RA (2018). Mechanical Characterization of the Vessel Wall by Data Assimilation of Intravascular Ultrasound Studies. Frontiers in physiology, 910.3389/fphys.2018.00292
- Maso Talou, G. D., Blanco, P. J., Larrabide, I., Guedes Bezerra, C., Lemos, P. A., & Feijoo, R. A. (2017). Registration methods for IVUS: Transversal and longitudinal transducer motion compensation. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 64 (4), 890-903. 10.1109/TBME.2016.2581583
- Bulant, C. A., Blanco, P. J., Maso Talou, G. D., Guedes Bezerra, C., Lemos, P. A., & Feijóo RA (2017). A head-to-head comparison between CT- and IVUS-derived coronary blood flow models. Journal of Biomechanics, 51, 65-76. 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2016.11.070