Dr Leon Guo-Liang Lu
Guo-Liang (Leon) Lu obtained his PhD degree in organic chemistry from Nankai University under the supervision of Professor Li-Cheng Song. He worked as an associate professor in Hebei Normal University and visiting scholar in Hong Kong Baptist University, China before took a posdoctoral position with Professor Warren Roper FRS and Associated Professor James Wright of the School of Chemical Sciences at the University of Auckland. He was appointed as a research fellow of the Centre in 2004 and currently his reserach interest is the development of anticancer drug including antibody drug conjugate (ADC), hypoxia activated prodrug (HAP) and metal-based drug (MBD). He has more than 60 journal articles and 4 patents published.
Areas of expertise
- Organic Synthesis
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Drug Design
- Cancer Researc
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Giddens, A. C., Lee, H. H., Lu, G.-L., Miller, C. K., Guo, J., Lewis Phillips, G. D., ... Tercel, M. (2016). Analogues of DNA minor groove cross-linking agents incorporating aminoCBI, an amino derivative of the duocarmycins: Synthesis, cytotoxicity, and potential as payloads for antibody-drug conjugates. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry, 24 (22), 6075-6081. 10.1016/j.bmc.2016.09.068
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Moana Tercel, Ho Lee, Christian Miller, Anna Giddens
- Lu, G., Tercel, M., Giddens, A., Lee, H., Bonnet, M., Denny, W., ... Stabenb, L. R. (2016). Arming antibodies with DNA cross-linking agents derived from the duocarmycins. Paper presented at The 24th International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC-2016), Manchester, UK. 28 August - 1 September 2016. EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry Book of Abstracts. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Moana Tercel, Anna Giddens, Bill Denny
- Lam, P. L., Lu, G. L., Choi, K. H., Lin, Z., Kok, S. H. L., Lee, K. K. H., ... Bian, Z. X. (2016). Antimicrobial and toxicological evaluations of binuclear mercury( ii )bis(alkynyl) complexes containing oligothiophenes and bithiazoles. RSC Advances, 6 (20), 16736-16744. 10.1039/C5RA27600D
- Flygare, J. A., Pillow, T. H., Safina, B., Verma, V., Wei, B. Q., Denny, W., ... Miller, C.. 1-(Chloromethyl)-2,3-dihydro-1H-benzo[e]indole dimer antibody-drug conjugate compounds, and methods of use and treatment. WO 2015/023355 A1 Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Gordon Rewcastle, Bill Denny, Anna Giddens, Ho Lee, Christian Miller, Moana Tercel
- Smaill, J., Lu, G. L., Lee, H., Abbattista, M. R., Guise, C., Hsu, H. L., ... Anderson, R. (2015). The discovery of tarloxotinib bromide*: A first-in-class hypoxia-activated tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Paper presented at New Zealand Society for Oncology Conference 2015, Christchurch. 2 November - 3 November 2015. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Maria Abbattista, Ho Lee, Christopher Guise, Jagdish Jaiswal, Stephen Jamieson, Amir Ashoorzadeh, Bob Anderson, Adam Patterson
- Lam, P.-L., Lu, G.-L., Hon, K.-M., Lee, K.-W., Ho, C.-L., Wang, X., ... Kok, S. H.-L. (2014). Development of ruthenium(II) complexes as topical antibiotics against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Dalton Trans, 43 (10), 3949-3957. 10.1039/c3dt52879k
- Patterson, A. V., Jaiswal, J., Carlin, K., Abbattista, M. R., Guise, C. P., Silva, S., ... Melink, T. J. (2013). Abstract B278: PR610: A novel hypoxia-selective tyrosine kinase inhibitor in phase I clinical trial.. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 10.1158/1535-7163.TARG-13-B278
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christopher Guise, Bob Anderson, Jeffrey Smaill, Adam Patterson, Jagdish Jaiswal
- Ho, C. L., Poon, S. Y., Liu, K., Wong, C. K., Lu, G. L., Petrov, S., ... Wong, W. Y. (2013). Synthesis, photophysics and pyrolytic ceramization of a platinum(II)-containing poly(germylacetylene) polymer. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 744, 165-171. 10.1016/j.jorganchem.2013.06.027