Professor Helen Stapylton Timperley
PhD, MA (Hons), DipEdPsych, DipTchg
Paper presented to the Ontario Education Research Symposium
- Teaching in early childhood, primary, secondary and special education
Research | Current
- Policy, Leadership and Professional Learning
- Building Evaluative Capability in Schooling Improvement
- Research into the Professional Development in Literacy, Leadership and Assessment
- Evaluation of Innovation for OECD
Teaching | Current
- Developing Profesional Expertise
- Master of Education
Companion to the New Zealand Order of Merit
Areas of expertise
Promoting professional learning and schooling improvement through the development of adaptive expertise in ways that create better outcomes for student learners, particularly those under-served by our education systems.
Editorial Board Membership:
- Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education
- Professional Development in Education
University Committees served on:
- Faculty of Education Research Committee
- Faculty Staffing Committee
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Timperley, H. S., Kaser, L., & Halbert, J. (2014). A Framework for Transforming Learning in Schools: Innovation and the Spiral of Inquiry. Melbourne, Australia: Centre for Strategic Education. Pages: 27.
- Timperley, H. S. (2012). Learning to Practise in Initial Teacher Education. 1-47. Wellington, New Zealand.
- Timperley, H. (2011). Realizing the Power of Professional Learning. Open University Press. Pages: 232.
- Robertson, J., & Timperley, S. (Eds.) (2011). Leadership and Learning. London: Sage Publications.
- Timperley, H. S. (2011). Knowledge and the Leadership of Learning. Leadership and Policy in Schools, 10 (2), 145-170. 10.1080/15700763.2011.557519
- Timperley, H., & Parr, J. (2010). Weaving Evidence, Inquiry and Standards to Build Better Schools. Wellington, NZ: NZCER Press. Pages: 197.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Judy Parr