Dr Jackie Aitken
Dr Jackie Aitken
Dr Jackie Aitken
https://unidirectory.auckland.ac.nz/profile/j-aitkenSenior Research Fellow The University of Auckland: Biological Sciences
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
As of 29 October 2020 there will be no automatic updating of 'selected publications and creative works' from Research Outputs. Please continue to keep your Research Outputs profile up to date.
- Lee, K. L., Aitken, J. F., Hsu, H.-L., Williams, G. M., Brimble, M. A., & Cooper, G. J. S. (2019). Glucoregulatory activity of vesiculin in insulin sensitive and resistant mice. Peptides, 116, 1-7. 10.1016/j.peptides.2019.04.011
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kate Lee, Geoffrey Williams, Garth Cooper, Margaret Brimble
- Aitken, J., Lambert, T., Montgomery, K., Boyd, D., Chen Yap, C. T., Petzer, A., ... Cooper, G. (2017). Background strain has a profound effect on human amylin expression and diabetic phenotype in mice overexpressing the human amylin transgene. Paper presented at 68th AALAS National Meeting 2017, Austin, TX, USA. 15 October - 19 October 2017. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science.
- Aitken, J. F., Loomes, K. M., Riba-Garcia, I., Unwin, R. D., Prijic, G., Phillips, A. S., ... Ding, K. (2017). Quantitative data describing the impact of the flavonol rutin on in-vivo blood-glucose and fluid-intake profiles, and survival of human-amylin transgenic mice. Data in Brief, 10, 298-303. 10.1016/j.dib.2016.11.077
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kerry Loomes, Anthony Phillips, Sally Poppitt, Garth Cooper
- Aitken, J. F., Loomes, K. M., Riba-Garcia, I., Unwin, R. D., Prijic, G., Phillips, A. S., ... Ding, K. (2017). Rutin suppresses human-amylin/hIAPP misfolding and oligomer formation in-vitro, and ameliorates diabetes and its impacts in human-amylin/hIAPP transgenic mice. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 482 (4), 625-631. 10.1016/j.bbrc.2016.11.083
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kerry Loomes, Sally Poppitt, Anthony Phillips, Garth Cooper
- Aitken, J., Loomes, K., Riba-Garcia, I., Urwin, R., Prijic, G., Phillips, A., ... Cooper, G. (1/11/2016). The Plant Flavonol Rutin Suppresses Human-Amylin Misfolding in Vitro and Increases the Lifespan of Diabetic Human-Amylin Transgenic Mice. Poster presented at AALAS national Meeting 2016, Charlotte NC, USA. 2016 AALAS National Meeting.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kerry Loomes, Anthony Phillips
- Aitken, J., Walker, C., Prijic, G., Johnson, S., & Cooper, G. (1/11/2016). Overexpression of Human Amylin in Transgenic Mice Raises Core Body Temperature and Increases Energy Expenditure which can be Reversed by Leptin Replacement. Poster presented at 2016 AALAS National Meeting, Charlotte, NC, USA. 2016 AALAS National Meeting.
- Aitken, J., Walker, C., Li, M., Lambert, T., Montgomery, K., & Cooper, G. (2016). OVEREXPRESSION OF AGGREGATING OR SOLUBLE FORMS OF HUMAN AMYLIN IN TRANSGENIC MICE CAUSES DIABETES, OR OBESITY AND INSULIN RESISTANCE.. Paper presented at ANZLAA national Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand. 31 August - 2 September 2016.
- Aitken, J., Walker, C., Prijic, G., Johnson, S., & Cooper, G. (2016). Overexpression of human amylin in transgenic mice raises core body temperature and increases energy expenditure which can be reversed by leptin replacement. Paper presented at 67th AALAS National Meeting 2016, Charlotte NC, USA. 30 October - 3 November 2016. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. (pp. 1).