Dr Julie Harrison
PhD, MTax (Hons), MCom, BCom, FCA
Dr Julie Harrison is a senior lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Auckland Business School. She obtained her PhD in 2008. Prior to joining the University, Julie worked as a tax consultant at Ernst & Young and Deloitte. She specialised in international tax and transfer pricing. Julie has also worked as a corporate tax accountant and management accountant in New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Her research interests include performance measurement, data envelopment analysis, revenue management, international tax, and transfer pricing.
Teaching | Current
ACCTG221 Cost and Management Accounting
ACCTG331 Revenue and Cost Management
- 2018 Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (FCA)
- 2002 New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants - PhD Scholarship
- 1989 Arthur Young Research Scholarship in Accounting & Finance
- 1989 T R Johnston Scholarship
Areas of expertise
Management accounting, performance measurement, data envelopment analysis, transfer pricing, taxation.
Oceania Regiona Chapter Advocate - Beta Alpha Psi
CAANZ Education Board member
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Harrison, J. A. (2015). Chapter 120, Transfer Pricing Rules and Practice In New Zealand. In U. Ruiz (Ed.) Transfer Pricing: Rules and Practice in Selected Countries (M-P). Arlington, Virginia, USA: Tax Management, Inc..