Dr Jiney Jose
Jiney Jose obtained his MS and PhD degrees in Organic Chemistry from Texas A&M Univeristy, Texas working with Professor Kevin Burgess. His research involved development of organic fluorescent probes and nanoparticles for cellular imaging studies. He received a cancer prevention research institute of Texas (CPRIT) fellowship to pursue postdoctoral research with Professor Eric V. Anslyn/ Prof. Kevin Dalby at the University of Texas at Austin. His research focused on developing tryptamine analogues for the treatment of breast cancer. He joined the Centre in 2012 as a research fellow. He is an Affiliate Investigator in the Maurice Wilkins Centre for Molecular Biodiscovery at the University of Auckland.
His research interest includes cancer research, medicinal chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, fluorescent probes and nanoparticles, immunosuppressive therapy, short acting anaesthetics. He is currently involved in an immunotherapy project developing small molecules for the treatment of Leukaemia. He is also involved in the development and application of tumour targeting theranostic drug dye conjugates with brain penetrant properties for treatment of paediatric and adult brain cancers. He is always interested in training students who has an interest in medicinal chemistry.
Research | Current
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Choi, P. J., Cooper, E., Schweder, P., Mee, E., Turner, C., Paull, R., ... Jose, J. (2020). PARP inhibitor cyanine dye conjugate with enhanced cytotoxic and antiproliferative activity in patient derived glioblastoma cell lines. BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, 30 (14)10.1016/j.bmcl.2020.127252
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Peter Choi, Bill Denny, Michael Dragunow, Thomas Park, Richard Faull
- Choi, P. J., Cooper, E., Schweder, P., Mee, E., Faull, R., Denny, W. A., ... Jose, J. (2019). The synthesis of a novel Crizotinib heptamethine cyanine dye conjugate that potentiates the cytostatic and cytotoxic effects of Crizotinib in patient-derived glioblastoma cell lines. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 29 (18), 2617-2621. 10.1016/j.bmcl.2019.07.051
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Thomas Park, Peter Choi, Richard Faull, Bill Denny, Michael Dragunow
- Jose, J., Spicer, J., Miller, C. K., O'Connor P, Giddens, A., Akhlaghi, H., ... Denny, W. A. (1/4/2019). Development of inhibitors of the pore forming protein perforin for the treatment of leukaemia. Poster presented at 257th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Orlando, FL, United States. MEDI-0164. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Julie Spicer, Anna Giddens, Bill Denny, Christian Miller
- Jose, J., Choi, P., Noguchi, K., Ishiyama, M., & Denny, W. (31/3/2019). Synthesis of near-infrared emitting fluorescent dyes and their application in organelle specific labelling studies. Poster presented at 257th National Meeting of the American-Chemical-Society (ACS), Orlando, FL. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Peter Choi, Bill Denny
- Dimitrov, I., Denny, W. A., & Jose, J. (2018). Syntheses of Ketamine and Related Analogues: A Mini Review. SYNTHESIS-STUTTGART, 50 (21), 4201-4215. 10.1055/s-0037-1609935
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Bill Denny
- Choi, P., Noguchi, K., Ishiyama, M., Denny, W. A., & Jose, J. (2018). A mitochondria-selective near-infrared-emitting fluorescent dye for cellular imaging studies. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters, 28 (11), 2013-2017. 10.1016/j.bmcl.2018.05.001
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Bill Denny, Peter Choi
- Jose, J., Spicer, J. A., Miller, C. K., O'Connor PD, Marshal, A., Jaiswal, J., ... Law, R. H. P. (15/9/2017). Thiazolecarboxamides as inhibitors of perforin function for potential immunosuppressive therapy. Poster presented at Drug Discovery India 2017, Bengaluru, India.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Julie Spicer, Christian Miller, Jagdish Jaiswal, Stephen Jamieson, Bill Denny
- Spicer, J. A., Miller, C. K., O'Connor PD, Jose, J., Huttunen, K. M., Jaiswal, J. K., ... Trapani, J. A. (2017). Substituted arylsulphonamides as inhibitors of perforin-mediated lysis. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 137, 139-155. 10.1016/j.ejmech.2017.05.048
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christian Miller, Julie Spicer, Bill Denny, Jagdish Jaiswal