Doctor of Philosophy (Auckland), Master of Commerce, Bachelor of Commerce
Teaching | Current
Master of Commercialisation and Entrepreneurship
- COMENT704: Entrepreneurship for Science and Technology
Master of Commerce
- GLMI709: Creating Global Ventures
Graduate Diploma in Maori Business Development
- MAORIDEV738: Strategy - Tikanga Mahere i te ao Maori
Bachelor of Commerce
- INNOVENT307: Ecosystems for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- INNOVENT204: Understanding Entrepreneurial Opportunities
Entrepreneurship Accelerators and Experiential Programmes
- Summer Lab
- Idea Bootcamp
- Solve It
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Newth, J., & Warner, A. (2019). Impact Investor Insights New Zealand 2019. Responsible Investment Association Aotearoa. Related URL.
- Newth, J. (2018). “Hands-on” vs “arm’s length” entrepreneurship research. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 24 (3), 683-696. 10.1108/IJEBR-09-2016-0315
- Newth, J., Shepherd, D., & Woods, C. (2018). Challenges of hybridizing innovation: Exploring structural attractors as constraints. In A. Corbett, J. Katz (Eds.) Hybrid ventures (pp. 61-92). Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Henry, E., Newth, J., & Spiller, M. M. (2017). Emancipatory Indigenous social innovation: Shifting power through culture and technology. Journal of Management & Organization, 23 (6), 786-802. 10.1017/jmo.2017.64
- Newth, J. (2017). Social entrepreneurship as an INGO: Exploring the challenges of innovation and hybridization. In K. Nicolopoulou, M. Karatas-Ozkan, F. Janssen, J. Jermier (Eds.) Sustainable entrepreneurship and social innovation (pp. 369-390). London, UK: Routledge.
- Newth, J. (2016). Social enterprise innovation in context: Stakeholder influence through contestation. Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 6 (4), 369-399. 10.1515/erj-2014-0029
- Newth, J. (2016). Social entrepreneurship in an INGO: Exploring the challenges of innovation and hybridization. Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation (pp. 369-390). 10.4324/9781315748665
- Newth, J. A. (2015). Contextualising social entrepreneurship: Innovation, resistance, and hybridity The University of Auckland. The University of Auckland.
- Media Contact
Primary office location
SIR OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
Level 4, Room 451
12 GRAFTON RD