Dr Janine Paynter
BSc (Hons) PhD
Research | Current
Measuring the impact of the MeNZB vaccine on gonorrhoea in New Zealand using a case-control study and cohort study.
Investigating the effectiveness of the pneumococcal vaccine against pneumonia, otitis media (ear infection) and invasive pneumococcal disease.
Areas of expertise
Tobacco control, health communication, data analysis, research methodology, public health
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Petousis-Harris, H., Paynter, J., Morgan, J., Saxton, P. J., McArdle, B., Goodyear-Smith, F., & Black, S. (2017). Effectiveness of a group B outer membrane vesicle meningococcal vaccine against gonorrhoea in New Zealand: a retrospective case-control study. Lancet10.1016/S0140-6736(17)31449-6
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Peter Saxton, Helen Petousis-Harris, Barbara McArdle, Felicity Goodyear-Smith
- Petousis-Harris, H., Paynter, J., Morgan, J., Saxton, P., Sherwood, J., McArdle, B., ... Black, S. (2016). EFFECTIVENESS OF A GROUP B OMV MENINGOCOCCAL VACCINE ON GONORRHOEA IN NEW ZEALAND - A CASE CONTROL STUDY. Paper presented at Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Prevention Conference, Atlanta, GA. 20 September - 23 September 2016. SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES. (pp. 1).
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Helen Petousis-Harris, Peter Saxton, Felicity Goodyear-Smith
- Paynter, J., Glover, M., Bullen, C., & Sonia, D. (2016). An intervention to reduce the number of convenience stores selling tobacco: feasibility study. Tobacco control, 25 (3), 319-324. 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2014-052045
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christopher Bullen
- Petousis-Harris, H., Walls, T., Watson, D., Paynter, J., Graham, P., & Turner, N. (2016). Safety of Tdap vaccine in pregnant women: an observational study. BMJ Open, 6 (4).10.1136/bmjopen-2015-010911
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Nikki Turner, Helen Petousis-Harris
- Petousis-Harris, H., & Paynter, J. (2016). Cherry picked case reports are not scientific evidence in the face of large clinical and epidemiological studies. Clinical rheumatology, 35 (3), 837-838. 10.1007/s10067-016-3189-x
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Helen Petousis-Harris
- Harris, D. L., Alsweiler, J. M., Ansell, J. M., Gamble, G. D., Thompson, B., Wouldes, T. A., ... Harding, J. E. (2016). Outcome at 2 Years after Dextrose Gel Treatment for Neonatal Hypoglycemia: Follow-Up of a Randomized Trial. Journal of Pediatrics, 170, 54-59.e2. 10.1016/j.jpeds.2015.10.066
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Benjamin Thompson, Trecia Wouldes, Jane Alsweiler, Jane Harding, Greg Gamble, Deborah Harris, Yannan Jiang
- Glover, M., Nosa, V., Gentles, D., Watson, D., & Paynter, J. (2014). Do New Zealand Māori and Pacific ‘walk the talk’ when it comes to stopping smoking? A qualitative study of motivation to quit. Journal of Smoking Cessation, 9 (02), 68-75. 10.1017/jsc.2013.22
- Palmer, K., Bullen, C., & Paynter, J. (2013). What role can local authorities play in tobacco 'end-game' policies in New Zealand?. Policy Quarterly, 9 (3), 59-64. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kenneth Palmer, Christopher Bullen