Mrs Jacinta Fa'alili-Fidow
Master of Public Health
Currently a part-time PhD Research Fellow with the Centre for Longitudinal Studies - Growing Up in New Zealand Study, investigating the concept of Resilience among the Pacific cohort. Previous roles include Manager, TAHA Maternal & Child Health Service, Public Health Portfolio Manager with the Ministry of Health and Manager Pacific with the Health Research Council.
Research | Current
- 2016 - present: "Growing Up in New Zealand" Study - Centre for Longitudinal Research
- 2016 - present: "A Better Start - E Tipu e Rea" Study - National Science Challenge
Areas of expertise
Maternal and infant health; child health and wellbeing; community empowerment; Pacific health; Pasifika communities; child resilience.
2016 – present: ADHB/WDHB Pregnancy and Parenting Education Advisory Group
2016 - 2017: Advisory Group to the Minister for Pacific Peoples – Project Tatupu
2015-2016: Maternal and Child Health System Integration Project - Expert Advisory Group to the Minister of Health
2015 – 2017: Pacific Healthy Babies, Healthy Futures Advisory Group (Chairperson)
2014 – 2017: Pacific Advisory Group, Social Policy and Evaluation Research Unit (SuPERU)
2014 - 2016: TALA Pasifika – Pacific Tobacco Cessation Coordination Service
2014 – 2017: Counties-Manukau District Health Board SUDI Prevention Governance Group
2010: Ministry of Health – Public Health Workforce Development Advisory Group
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Morton, S. M. B., Grant, C. C., Berry, S. D., Walker, C. G., Corkin, M., Ly, K., ... Mohal, J. (2017). Now We Are Four: Describing the preschool years. Auckland: Growing Up in New Zealand. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Lisa Underwood, Susan Morton, Cameron Grant, Caroline Walker, Maria Corkin, Kien Ly, Teresa Gontijo de Castro
- Gentles, D., Fa'alili-Fidow J, Dunlop, A., Roberts, M., Ikihele, A., Percival, T., & Nosa, V. (2016). Evaluation of the pilot TAPUAKI Pacific pregnancy and parenting education programme. Pacific Journal of Reproductive Health, 1 (4).10.18313/pjrh.2016.913
- Fa'alili-Fidow J, Naseri, V., Cruickshank, T. I. S., McCool, J., Manoa, S., Gentles, D., & Percival, T. (2016). Maternal health promotion in Samoa: Views of pregnant mothers. Pacific Journal of Reproductive Health, 1 (4).10.18313/pjrh.2016.911
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Judith McCool
- Fa'alili-Fidow J, McCool, J., & Percival, T. (2014). Trade and health in Samoa: views from the insiders. BMC public health, 1410.1186/1471-2458-14-309
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Judith McCool, Teuila Percival
- Laverack, G. R., Ofanoa, M. M., Nosa, V. H., Faalili, J., & Taufa, S. (2007). Social and cultural perceptions of community empowerment in four Pacific Peoples in Auckland, New Zealand. 1-67.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Malakai 'Ofanoa, Vili Nosa
Primary office location
TAMAKI BUILDING 730 - Bldg 730
Level 3, Room 389
TAMAKI CAMPUS GATE 1, 261 MORRIN RD