Dr Jennifer Ann Kirby
I completed my PhD at the University of Auckland in 2018 in Media, Film and Television. My thesis examined the representation of composite material/mediatised spaces in contemporary cinema.
I am currently working as an Academic Services Coordinator in the Faculty of Arts.
Research | Current
Current projects include an edited collection on the works of French director, Michel Gondry, and research into Spotify and musical identity.
Areas of expertise
- Film studies
- Virtual and augmneted spaces in film and television
- Popular music and visual media
- Gender and sexuality in popular culture
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Kirby, J. (2015). A new gang in town: Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange as adaptation and subversion of the 1950s juvenile delinquent cycle. Literature Film Quarterly, 43 (4), 291-303.
- Kirby, J. (2015). Gladiators in dresses: Scandal, femininity and emotional genius. In A. L. Carlson (Ed.) Genius on television: Essays on small screen depictions of big minds (pp. 124-137). Jefferson, North Carolina, USA: McFarland & Company.
Primary office location
ARTS 1 - Bldg 206
Level 5, Room 501
14A SYMONDS ST