Dr Kyle Simon Eggleton
BHB, MBChB, DipObstMedGyn, DipPaed, DIH, PGDipPH, MMedSci, MPH, FRNZCGP(Dist)
I am the Year 4 course director for General Practice and Primary Health Care as well as the GP academic with responsibilities for Year 5 and 6 placements in Northland. I work part time in the Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care and part time as the medical officer for Ki A Ora Ngātiwai, an iwi health provider based in Northland.
My research interests broadly coalesce around the theme of quality of primary care. I am particularly interested in equity, access issues and participatory action research. My PhD topic explores the concept of measuring quality of iwi health providers and utilises a Kaupapa Māori aligned methodology.
Research | Current
Quality measures applied to iwi health providers
General practice undergraduate education
Teaching | Current
Course director for Year 4 general practice and primary health care
Distinguished Fellow Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
Year 5 and 6 GP attachments in Northland
All Year 4 GP attachments
Areas of expertise
Quality of primary care
Qualitative and quantitative methods
Board member Northland Faculty RNZCGP
Member of the Medicine Adverse Reactions Committee
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Wallis, K. A., Eggleton, K. S., Dovey, S. M., Leitch, S., Cunningham, W. K., & Williamson, M. I. (2018). Research using electronic health records: Balancing confidentiality and public good. Journal of primary health care, 10 (4), 288-291. 10.1071/hc18040
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Katharine Wallis
- Eggleton, K. (2018). Guest Editorial: Broken bodies and broken minds: the need for a general practice approach post trauma. Journal of primary health care, 10 (4), 285-286. 10.1071/hcv10n4_ed2
- Quin, T., & Eggleton, K. (2018). What keeps Northland general practitioners working in Northland?. The New Zealand medical journal, 131 (1480), 32-37.
- Shetty, A., Mills, C., & Eggleton, K. (2018). A repeat audit of primary care management of group A streptococcal pharyngitis in Northland, New Zealand 2016. Journal of primary health care, 10 (1), 18-24. 10.1071/hc17056
- Eggleton, K., Stewart, L., & Kask, A. (2018). Ngātiwai Whakapakari Tinana: strengthening bodies through a Kaupapa Māori fitness and exercise programme. Journal of primary health care, 10 (1), 25-30. 10.1071/hc17068
- Eggleton, K., Liaw, W., & Bazemore, A. (2017). Gaps in merit-based incentive payment system measures may reduce its impact on marginalized populations. Annals of Family Medicine, 15 (3), 255-257. 10.1370/afm.2075
- Eggleton, K., Penney, L., & Moore, J. (2017). Measuring doctor appointment availability in Northland general practice. Journal of Primary Health Care, 9 (1), 56-61. 10.1071/HC16036
- Anderson, A., Mills, C., Eggleton, K. S., Henare-Toka, T., Palmer, J., Bay, B., & Bickerton, E. (2015). Northland District Health Board Research Report: Whānau experiences of the diagnosis and management of Acute Rheumatic Fever for tamariki in Te Tai Tokerau, Aotearoa. The University of Auckland. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Anneka Anderson
Mondays and Tuesday all day, Wednesday afternoons
Primary office location
TAMAKI BUILDING 730 - Bldg 730
TAMAKI CAMPUS GATE 1, 261 MORRIN RD