Dr Karolina Stasiak
MA (Hons), PhD
Research | Current
E-therapy, e-health, online intervention. Child and adolescent mental health.
Teaching | Current
E-therapy, child and adolescent mental health treatment and prevention strategies, gamification in e-health, psychology, research methods.
E-therapy and e-health - design and evaluation. Engagement in e-therapies. Gamification and serious gaming in e-health.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Fleming, T., Merry, S., Stasiak, K., Hopkins, S., Patolo, T., Ruru, S., ... Goodyear-Smith, F. (2019). The Importance of User Segmentation for Designing Digital Therapy for Adolescent Mental Health: Findings From Scoping Processes. JMIR mental health, 6 (5), e12656-e12656. 10.2196/12656
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sarah Hopkins, Theresa Fleming, Grant Christie, Felicity Goodyear-Smith
- Moor, S., Williman, J., Drummond, S., Fulton, C., Mayes, W., Ward, N., ... Stasiak, K. (2019). ‘E’ therapy in the community: Examination of the uptake and effectiveness of BRAVE (a self-help computer programme for anxiety in children and adolescents) in primary care. Internet Interventions10.1016/j.invent.2019.100249
- Thabrew, H., Stasiak, K., Hetrick, S. E., Donkin, L., Huss, J. H., Highlander, A., ... Merry, S. N. (2018). Psychological therapies for anxiety and depression in children and adolescents with long-term physical conditions. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 1210.1002/14651858.cd012488.pub2
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sarah Hetrick, Hiran Thabrew, Sally Merry, Liesje Donkin
- Lucassen, M., Samra, R., Iacovides, I., Fleming, T., Shepherd, M., Stasiak, K., & Wallace, L. (2018). How LGBT+ Young People Use the Internet in Relation to Their Mental Health and Envisage the Use of e-Therapy: Exploratory Study. JMIR serious games, 6 (4)10.2196/11249
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Theresa Fleming
- Chu, J. T. W., Whittaker, R., Jiang, Y., Wadham, A., Stasiak, K., Shepherd, M., & Bullen, C. (2018). Evaluation of MyTeen - a SMS-based mobile intervention for parents of adolescents: a randomised controlled trial protocol. BMC public health, 18 (1)10.1186/s12889-018-6132-z
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Chris Bullen, Joanna Chu, Yannan Jiang
- Thabrew, H., Stasiak, K., Bavin, L.-M., Frampton, C., & Merry, S. (2018). Validation of the Mood and Feelings Questionnaire (MFQ) and Short Mood and Feelings Questionnaire (SMFQ) in New Zealand help-seeking adolescents. International journal of methods in psychiatric research, 27 (3)10.1002/mpr.1610
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Hiran Thabrew, Sally Merry, Lynda-Maree Bavin
- Thabrew, H., Stasiak, K., Hetrick, S. E., Wong, S., Huss, J. H., & Merry, S. N. (2018). E-Health interventions for anxiety and depression in children and adolescents with long-term physical conditions. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews, 810.1002/14651858.cd012489.pub2
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Hiran Thabrew, Sarah Hetrick, Sally Merry
- Stasiak, K., Merry, S. N., Frampton, C., & Moor, S. (2018). Delivering solid treatments on shaky ground: Feasibility study of an online therapy for child anxiety in the aftermath of a natural disaster. Psychotherapy Research, 28 (4), 643-653. 10.1080/10503307.2016.1244617
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sally Merry