Dr Karolina Stasiak
MA (Hons), PhD
Research | Current
E-therapy, e-health, online intervention. Child and adolescent mental health.
Teaching | Current
E-therapy, child and adolescent mental health treatment and prevention strategies, gamification in e-health, psychology, research methods.
E-therapy and e-health - design and evaluation. Engagement in e-therapies. Gamification and serious gaming in e-health.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Yokomitsu, K., Irie, T., Sekiguchi, M., Shimizu, A., Matsuoka, H., Merry, S. N., & Stasiak, K. (2020). Gamified Mobile Computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Japanese University Students With Depressive Symptoms: Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR RESEARCH PROTOCOLS, 9 (4)10.2196/15164
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sally Merry
- Fleming, T. M., Gillham, B., Bavin, L. M., Stasiak, K., Lewycka, S., Moore, J., ... Merry, S. N. (2019). SPARX-R computerized therapy among adolescents in youth offenders' program: Step-wise cohort study. INTERNET INTERVENTIONS-THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL HEALTH, 1810.1016/j.invent.2019.100287
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Theresa Fleming, Lynda-Maree Bavin, Sally Merry
- Moor, S., Williman, J., Drummond, S., Fulton, C., Mayes, W., Ward, N., ... Stasiak, K. (2019). 'E' therapy in the community: Examination of the uptake and effectiveness of BRAVE (a self-help computer programme for anxiety in children and adolescents) in primary care. INTERNET INTERVENTIONS-THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL HEALTH, 1810.1016/j.invent.2019.100249
- Fleming, T. M., Stasiak, K., Moselen, E., Hermansson-Webb, E., Shepherd, M., Lucassen, M., ... Merry, S. N. (2019). Revising Computerized Therapy for Wider Appeal Among Adolescents: Youth Perspectives on a Revised Version of SPARX. FRONTIERS IN PSYCHIATRY, 1010.3389/fpsyt.2019.00802
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Theresa Fleming, Sally Merry, Lynda-Maree Bavin
- Chu, J. T. W., Wadham, A., Jiang, Y., Whittaker, R., Stasiak, K., Shepherd, M., & Bullen, C. (2019). Development of MyTeen Text Messaging Program to Support Parents of Adolescents: Qualitative Study. JMIR mHealth and uHealth, 7 (11)10.2196/15664
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Yannan Jiang, Joanna Chu, Chris Bullen
- Christie, G. I., Shepherd, M., Merry, S., Hopkins, S., Knightley, S., & Stasiak, K. (2019). Gamifying CBT to deliver emotional health treatment to young people on smartphones. Internet Interventions, 18, 1-9. 10.1016/j.invent.2019.100286
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Grant Christie, Sally Merry, Sarah Hopkins
- Chu, J. T. W., Wadham, A., Jiang, Y., Whittaker, R., Stasiak, K., Shepherd, M., & Bullen, C. (2019). Effect of MyTeen SMS-Based Mobile Intervention for Parents of Adolescents: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA network open, 2 (9)10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.11120
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Joanna Chu, Yannan Jiang, Chris Bullen
- Fleming, T., Merry, S., Stasiak, K., Hopkins, S., Patolo, T., Ruru, S., ... Goodyear-Smith, F. (2019). The Importance of User Segmentation for Designing Digital Therapy for Adolescent Mental Health: Findings From Scoping Processes. JMIR mental health, 6 (5), e12656-e12656. 10.2196/12656
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sarah Hopkins, Theresa Fleming, Sally Merry, Grant Christie, Felicity Goodyear-Smith