Dr Kim Jane Wise
BSc(Hons), MAud(Hons), MNZAS-CCC, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Post-doctoral research. Multisensory approaches to tinnitus rehabilitation. Translational research approaches incorporating auditory attention and multi-modal sensory interaction(s).
Research | Current
- Cortical auditory evoked potentials and infants
- Auditory attention
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Wise, K. J., Purdy, S. C., & Maslin, M. R. (2020). Cortical evoked potentials and the mismatch negativity (MMN) – revisiting MMN’s potential and clinical utility. New Zealand Audiological Society Bulletin, 30 (2), 8-15.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Suzanne Purdy
- Searchfield, G. D., Poppe, T. N. E. R., Durai, M., Jensen, M., Kennedy, M. A., Maggo, S., ... Shekhawat, G. S. (2020). A proof-of-principle study of the short-term effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) on tinnitus and neural connectivity. The International journal of neuroscience, 130 (7), 671-682. 10.1080/00207454.2019.1702544
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Frederick Sundram, Grant Searchfield
- Searchfield, G. D., Spiegel, D. P., Poppe, T. N. E. R., Durai, M., Jensen, M., Kobayashi, K., ... Sundram, F. (2020). A proof-of-concept study comparing tinnitus and neural connectivity changes following multisensory perceptual training with and without a low-dose of fluoxetine. The International journal of neuroscience, 1-12. 10.1080/00207454.2020.1746310
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kei Kobayashi, Grant Searchfield, Frederick Sundram, Benjamin Thompson
- Wise, K., Kobayashi, K., Magnusson, J., Welch, D., & Searchfield, G. D. (2016). Randomized controlled trial of a perceptual training game for tinnitus therapy. Games for Health Journal, 5 (2), 141-149. 10.1089/g4h.2015.0068
Other University of Auckland co-authors: David Welch, Grant Searchfield, Kei Kobayashi
- Wise, K., Kobayashi, K., & Searchfield, G. D. (2015). Feasibility study of a game integrating assessment and therapy of tinnitus. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 249, 1-7. 10.1016/j.jneumeth.2015.04.002
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Grant Searchfield, Kei Kobayashi
- Searchfield, G. D., Poppe, T., Spiegel, D. P., Wise, K., Shekhawat, G. S., Kennedy, M., ... Russell, B. (8/6/2015). The Effect of MDMA on Tinnitus: Preliminary Results. Poster presented at 9th International TRI Tinnitus Conference: Tinnitus: From Cochlea to Brain and Back, Ann Arbor, Mich. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Grant Searchfield, Frederick Sundram
- Wise, K. J. (2012). Tinnitus and Attention Training (SoPH Research Showcase 2012). 6 December - 6 December 2012. An invited oral presentation provided as a cohort of 4 researchers detailing their doctoral findings for the University of Auckland and School of Population Health Research Showcase..
- Wise, K. J. (2012). Tinnitus and Attention Training (Rotary Club of Birkenhead, Rotary Foundation Month Presentation 2012). 7 November - 7 November 2012. An invitation by the Rotary Club of Birkenhead, New Zealand, for an oral presentation pertaining to my PhD Thesis entitled "Tinnitus and Attention Training" as part of Rotary International Foundation Month..