Dr Lisa Underwood
PhD Health Service Research (King's College London, 2012)
Research | Current
I am a research fellow for the Department of Psychological Medicine and an investigator for the Growing Up in New Zealand longitudinal cohort study (Centre for Longitudinal Research).
Teaching | Current
I am a professional teaching fellow for HLTHPSYC 122.
Areas of expertise
Autism spectrum disorder
Health services research
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Underwood, L., Waldie, K. E., Peterson, E., D'Souza S, Verbiest, M., McDaid, F., & Morton, S. (2017). Paternal depression symptoms during pregnancy and after childbirth among participants in the Growing Up in New Zealand study. JAMA Psychiatry, 74 (4), 360-369. 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2016.4234
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Karen Waldie, Susan Morton, Elizabeth Peterson, Stephanie D'Souza
- Underwood, L., Waldie, K. E., D'Souza S, Peterson, E. R., & Morton, S. M. B. (2017). A longitudinal study of pre-pregnancy and pregnancy risk factors associated with antenatal and postnatal symptoms of depression: Evidence from growing Up in New Zealand. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 21 (4), 915-931. 10.1007/s10995-016-2191-x
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Susan Morton, Karen Waldie, Elizabeth Peterson, Stephanie D'Souza
- Sappok, T., Brooks, W., Heinrich, M., McCarthy, J., & Underwood, L. (2017). Cross-cultural validity of the social communication questionnaire for adults with intellectual developmental disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 47 (2), 393-404. 10.1007/s10803-016-2967-2
- D'Souza S, Waldie, K. E., Peterson, E. R., Underwood, L., & Morton, S. M. B. (2017). Psychometric properties and normative data for the preschool Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire in two-year-old children. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45 (2), 345-357. 10.1007/s10802-016-0176-2
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Stephanie D'Souza, Karen Waldie, Susan Morton, Elizabeth Peterson
- Underwood, L. (2016). Advances in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) research. Advances in Autism, 2 (2), 59-69. 10.1108/AIA-01-2016-0003
- Underwood, L., & Tye, C. (2016). Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC): a rare genetic condition associated with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Advances in Autism, 2 (2).10.1108/AIA-02-2016-0005
- Underwood, L., McCarthy, J., Chaplin, E., Forrester, A., Mills, R., & Murphy, D. (2016). Autism spectrum disorder traits among prisoners. Advances in Autism, 2 (3), 106-117. 10.1108/AIA-11-2015-0023
- Underwood, L. (2015). Understanding and diagnosing TSC Associated Neuropsychiatric Disorders. Paper presented at Tuberous Sclerosis Australia Family Conference, Sydney, Australia. 14 November 2015. Related URL.
- Media Contact
I work for Psychological Medicine on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday afternoons.
I work for HLTHPSYC 122 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings.
I work for Growing Up in New Zealand on Mondays.
Primary office location
AUCKLAND HOSPITAL - Bldg 599
Level 12, Room 12005
2 PARK RD
Secondary office location
TAMAKI BUILDING 730 - Bldg 730
Level 3, Room 301
TAMAKI CAMPUS GATE 1 261 MORRIN RD