Dr Lisa Underwood
PhD Health Service Research (King's College London, 2012)
Research | Current
I am a research fellow for the Department of Psychological Medicine and an investigator for the Growing Up in New Zealand longitudinal cohort study (Centre for Longitudinal Research).
Teaching | Current
I am a professional teaching fellow for HLTHPSYC 122.
Areas of expertise
Autism spectrum disorder
Health services research
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Schoeps, A., Peterson, E. R., Mia, Y., Waldie, K. E., Underwood, L., D'Souza S, & Morton, S. M. B. (2018). Prenatal alcohol consumption and infant and child behavior: Evidence from the Growing Up in New Zealand Cohort. Early human development, 123, 22-29. 10.1016/j.earlhumdev.2018.06.011
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Susan Morton, Elizabeth Peterson, Karen Waldie, Stephanie D'Souza
- Rossen, F., Newcombe, D., Parag, V., Underwood, L., Marsh, S., Berry, S., ... Bullen, C. (2018). Alcohol consumption in New Zealand women before and during pregnancy: findings from the Growing Up in New Zealand study. NEW ZEALAND MEDICAL JOURNAL, 131 (1479), 24-34.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: David Newcombe, Cameron Grant, Susan Morton, Chris Bullen
- Chaplin, E., McCarthy, J., Underwood, L., Forrester, A., Hayward, H., Sabet, J., ... Murphy, D. (2017). Characteristics of prisoners with intellectual disabilities. Journal of intellectual disability research : JIDR, 61 (12), 1185-1195. 10.1111/jir.12441
- Underwood, L., & Waldie, K. (2017). The effect of paternal depression on depressive symptoms in adolescent offspring. The lancet. Psychiatry, 4 (12), 889-890. 10.1016/s2215-0366(17)30432-7
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Karen Waldie
- Derks, O., Heinrich, M., Brooks, W., Sterkenburg, P., McCarthy, J., Underwood, L., & Sappok, T. (2017). The social communication questionnaire for adults with intellectual disability: SCQ-AID. Autism Research, 10 (9), 1481-1490. 10.1002/aur.1795
- Underwood, L., Morton, S. M. B., & Waldie, K. E. (2017). Assessing Depression Among New Fathers-Reply. JAMA Psychiatry, 74 (8), 855-856. 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2017.1400
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Karen Waldie, Susan Morton
- Morton, S. M. B., Grant, C. C., Berry, S. D., Walker, C. G., Corkin, M., Ly, K., ... Mohal, J. (2017). Growing up in New Zealand: Now we are four: Describing the preschool years. Auckland, New Zealand: Growing Up in New Zealand.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Susan Morton, Cameron Grant, Caroline Walker, Maria Corkin, Kien Ly, Teresa Gontijo de Castro, Jacinta Fa'alili-Fidow
- Underwood, L., Waldie, K. E., Peterson, E., D'Souza S, Verbiest, M., McDaid, F., & Morton, S. (2017). Paternal depression symptoms during pregnancy and after childbirth among participants in the Growing Up in New Zealand study. JAMA Psychiatry, 74 (4), 360-369. 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2016.4234
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Karen Waldie, Susan Morton, Elizabeth Peterson, Stephanie D'Souza
- Media Contact
I work for Psychological Medicine on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday afternoons.
I work for HLTHPSYC 122 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings.
I work for Growing Up in New Zealand on Mondays.
Primary office location
AUCKLAND HOSPITAL - Bldg 599
Level 12, Room 12005
2 PARK RD
Secondary office location
TAMAKI BUILDING 730 - Bldg 730
Level 3, Room 301
TAMAKI CAMPUS GATE 1 261 MORRIN RD