Dr Manoranjan Mohanty
Manoranjan Mohanty is a lecturer in digital security. Before joining the University of Auckland, he was a postdoc at the Centre for Cyber Security, New York University Abu Dhabi, a research fellow at the University of Auckland, and an ERCIM Alain Bensoussan research fellow in SICS Swedish ICT, Sweden. In 2014, he obtained Ph.D. in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore. He has a master degree (MCA) from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India, and a bachelor (BSc in Computer Science) degree from the Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, India.
Research | Current
Security and Privacy in Deep Learning, Cloud/Fog/Edge Security and Privacy, Secure Processing, Privacy in Web-Based Health Care, Source Camera Attribution, Explicit Content Detection, Multimedia Forgery Detection, Deep Learning for Forensics (and vice versa).
Teaching | Current
COMPSCI 702 - Security for Smart-Devices
Areas of expertise
Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, Multimedia Security.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Mohanty, M., Zhang, M., Asghar, M. R., & Russello, G. (2018). PANDORA: Preserving Privacy in PRNU-Based Source Camera Attribution. Proceedings - 17th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications and 12th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering, Trustcom/BigDataSE 2018. 10.1109/TrustCom/BigDataSE.2018.00166
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Giovanni Russello
- El-Sayed, H., Sankar, S., Daraghmi, Y.-A., Tiwari, P., Rattagan, E., Mohanty, M., ... Prasad, M. (2018). Accurate Traffic Flow Prediction in Heterogeneous Vehicular Networks in an Intelligent Transport System Using a Supervised Non-Parametric Classifier. Sensors (Basel, Switzerland), 18 (6).10.3390/s18061696
- Durmus, E., Mohanty, M., Taspinar, S., Uzun, E., & Memon, N. (2018). Image carving with missing headers and missing fragments. 2017 IEEE Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, WIFS 2017. 10.1109/WIFS.2017.8267665
- El-Sayed, H., Sankar, S., Prasad, M., Puthal, D., Gupta, A., Mohanty, M., & Lin, C. T. (2018). Edge of things: The big picture on the integration of edge, IoT and the cloud in a distributed computing environment. IEEE Access, 6, 1706-1717. 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2780087
- Taspinar, S., Mohanty, M., & Memon, N. (2017). PRNU-based camera attribution from multiple seam-carved images. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 12 (12), 3065-3080. 10.1109/TIFS.2017.2737961
- Taspinar, S., Mohanty, M., & Memon, N. (2017). Source camera attribution using stabilized video. 8th IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, WIFS 2016 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. 10.1109/WIFS.2016.7823918
- Mohanty, M., Asghar, M. R., & Russello, G. (2016). 2DCrypt: Image scaling and cropping in encrypted domains. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 11 (11), 2542-2555. 10.1109/TIFS.2016.2585085
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Giovanni Russello, Rizwan Asghar
- Taspinar, S., Mohanty, M., & Memon, N. (2016). PRNU based source attribution with a collection of seam-carved images. Proceedings - International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP, 2016-August, 156-160. Phoenix, Arizona, USA: IEEE. 10.1109/ICIP.2016.7532338