Ms Paula Marie Baty
MA Education (Specific Learning Difficulties) BA TESOL
Paula has worked within Student Learning Services' Learning Disabilities Programme since 2010, providing educational assessments and academic development tuition to students with complex learning needs. Paula gained her Masters of Arts in Education (specialising in specific learning difficulties) in the UK. There, she worked at several London universities, including the London School of Economics and Political Science, providing advice and academic assistance to students with specific learning difficulties (SLDs).
Paula is interested in the assessment of specific learning difficulties, the co-morbidity of SLDs, Irlen Syndrome, and the creative strengths often associated with this diverse group.
Provides a range of services to support and enhance the learning activities of students with disabilities.
- Screens and assesses for learning disabilities such as dyslexia, attention deficit disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder and other invisible disabilities.
- Approves special conditions in tests and examinations.
- Offers individual consultations to develop academic and research skills.
- Provides advice on managing disabilities within the academic context, including recommendations for assistive technology.
- Delivers Teaching for Inclusion and Disability Awareness workshops to academic and professional staff.
- Offers individual consultations to academic staff to enhance inclusive teaching practice and support individual students.
Room 104, Sylvia Ashton-Warner Library - Epsom (Education) Ext 48122
Wednesdays 9.30 - 3.30 City campus, Student Learning, 3rd floor, Kate Edger Information Commons
Fridays 9.00 - 4.00 Epsom campus, Room 329, Academic Success Centre, N Block
Primary office location
KATE EDGER INFORMATION COMMONS - Bldg 315
Level 3, Room 328
9 SYMONDS ST