Miss Patricia Rose Hubbard
BSBA, BSSE, B Com (Hons), MBA
Patricia Hubbard is a Professional Teaching Fellow at the Graduate School of Management. She has previously been a Chief Financial Officer at a large school district in the United States and an adjunct professor at Montana State University (USA). Patricia has been involved in delivering a number of university courses in the areas of management, organisation, accounting, computer applications, website design, human resources, and professional development. She has worked in various consulting capacities creating strategic, business, leadership, management, technology and marketing plans. This has spanned several industries such as education, financial services, telecommunications, social media technology, retail, real estate, and non-profit organisations.
Patricia is passionate about university studies, programme development, and student achievement. She also brings an international perspective to enhance the employability of graduates and build up programme opportunities. She is an advocate of life-long learning and enjoys having the opportunity to be actively involved in the community.
Research | Current
Change management, transformational leadership, transactional leadership, human resources, organisational behaviour management, automation, trust, complacency, digital history, perceptions, communication, programme development, and professional development.
Teaching | Current
Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellow
Business School Health, Safety and Wellbeing Committee
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Hubbard, P. R., & Kempin, K. (2019). E-portfolios: How to showcase your professional self. Paper presented at ASCILITE 2019, Singapore. 3 December - 5 December 2019. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kevin Kempin
- Hubbard, P. R., & Kolb, D. (2019). Digital History: Unpacking this untapped pedagogical tool. Paper presented at ASCILITE 2019, Singapore. 2 December - 5 December 2019. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Darl Kolb
- Dimes, R. A., Hubbard, P., & Lightfoot, U. (2019). Creating a ‘Virtual Staffroom’: Embedding the culture of learning collaboration. Paper presented at HERDSA Conference 2019, Auckland, New Zealand. 3 July - 5 July 2019. Creating a ‘Virtual Staffroom’: Embedding the Culture of Learning Collaboration. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Ruth Dimes
- Hubbard, P. (2018). Trusting Friend or Complacent Foe: Perceptions of Automation within the Human Agent. Paper presented at 32nd Annual Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Auckland, New Zealand. 4 December 2019 - 7 December 2018. Related URL.
- Geertshuis, S., Lewis, N., Sturm, S., Wass, R., & Hubbard, P. (2017). Pedagogies for employability. Paper presented at HERDSA 2017: Curriculum Transformation, Sydney, Australia. 27 June - 30 June 2017. Abstracts book of the HERDSA 2017: Curriculum Transformation. (pp. undefined).
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Susan Geertshuis, Sean Sturm