Miss Patricia Rose Hubbard
BSBA, BSSE, B Com (Hons), MBA
Patricia Hubbard is a Professional Teaching Fellow in Management and International Business. She has previously been a Chief Financial Officer at a large school district in the United States and an adjunct professor at Montana State University (USA). Patricia has been involved in delivering a number of university courses in the areas of management, organisation, accounting, computer applications, website design, human resources, and professional development. She has worked in various consulting capacities creating strategic, business, leadership, management, technology and marketing plans. This has spanned several industries such as education, financial services, telecommunications, social media technology, retail, real estate, and non-profit organisations.
Patricia is passionate about university studies, programme development, and student achievement. She also brings an international perspective to enhance the employability of graduates and build up programme opportunities. She is an advocate of life-long learning and enjoys having the opportunity to be actively involved in the community.
Research | Current
Change management, transformational leadership, transactional leadership, human resources, organisational behaviour management, automation, trust, complacency, digital history, perceptions, communication, programme development, and professional development.
Teaching | Current
BUSMGT 705 (formerly 702)
BUSMGT 706 (formerly 704)
Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellow
Business School Staff Excellence Award - Collaboration in Teaching Award (2020)
MIB Well Being Committee Co-Chair
Graduate School of Management GTA Coordinator
Graduate School of Management Transition Committee Member
Business School Health, Safety and Wellbeing Committee - Assistant Secretary
Learning Technology Committee
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Hubbard, P. (2020). Whose class is it anyway?: Integrating technology to mitigate negative behaviour. Paper presented at IMOBTS International Conference of the Management & Organizational Behavior Society, Christchurch, New Zealand. 30 January - 1 February 2020. Related URL.
- Hubbard, P., & Kempin, K. (2020). Professional Development: Mastering the Journey. Paper presented at IMOBTS: International Conference of the Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society, Christchurch, New Zealand. 30 January - 1 February 2020. Related URL.
- Hubbard, P. R., & Kempin, K. (2019). E-portfolios: How to showcase your professional self. Paper presented at ASCILITE 2019, Singapore. 3 December - 5 December 2019. Related URL.
- Hubbard, P. R., & Kolb, D. (2019). Digital History: Unpacking this untapped pedagogical tool. Paper presented at ASCILITE 2019, Singapore. 2 December - 5 December 2019. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Darl Kolb
- Dimes, R. A., Hubbard, P., & Lightfoot, U. (2019). Creating a ‘Virtual Staffroom’: Embedding the culture of learning collaboration. Paper presented at HERDSA Conference 2019, Auckland, New Zealand. 3 July - 5 July 2019. Creating a ‘Virtual Staffroom’: Embedding the Culture of Learning Collaboration. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Ruth Dimes
- Hubbard, P. (2018). Trusting Friend or Complacent Foe: Perceptions of Automation within the Human Agent. Paper presented at 32nd Annual Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Auckland, New Zealand. 4 December 2019 - 7 December 2018. Related URL.
- Geertshuis, S., Lewis, N., Sturm, S., Wass, R., & Hubbard, P. (2017). Pedagogies for employability. Paper presented at HERDSA 2017: Curriculum Transformation, Sydney, Australia. 27 June - 30 June 2017. Abstracts book of the HERDSA 2017: Curriculum Transformation. (pp. undefined).
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Susan Geertshuis, Sean Sturm
Primary office location
SIR OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
Level 4, Room 4123
12 GRAFTON RD