Dr Peter Zamborsky
DPhil, MSc and MA.
Peter specialises in international business, strategy and innovation. Prior to his job at the University of Auckland, Peter was an instructor at Harvard University and lecturer at Brandeis University in Boston, where he earned his doctorate. He earned his Master of Science degree from the London School of Economics. From 1999 to 2002, Peter worked for the Economist Group (a publisher of the Economist magazine) in London, UK and Slovakia.
Peter published in a range of journals in international business, management, business administration and economics. He is an editorial review board member of International Journal of Emerging Markets (Emerald) and area editor (European Business) of New Zealand Journal of Research on Europe. His research focus is foreign direct investment, foreign entry modes, transnational clusters and global innovation. Peter is the author of International Business and Global Strategy e-textbook (30,000 downloads/year) and is currently working on a new co-authored textbook for Cambridge University Press. He published several case studies in international business (notably with SAGE Publications). Wall Street Journal quoted him on labor mobility in the ‘new' European Union. Peter's hobbies include hiking, skiing and angling.
Research | Current
Foreign direct investment (FDI) spillovers
Host country effects of FDI
Non-equity foreign entry modes
Profitability of international joint ventures
Asian-Pacific innovation in Europe
Teaching | Current
|2007||2007||Harvard University, Boston, US||Instructor|
|2005||2008||Brandeis University, Boston, US||Lecturer|
|1999||2002||Economist Group, London, UK||Researcher|
|2017||INTBUS 201||Foundations of International Business|
|2017||INTBUS 307||International Management and Strategy|
|2017||GLMI 703||Global Strategy|
|2016||BUS 102||Business and Enterprise|
|2016||INTBUS 201||Foundations of International Business|
|2016||INTBUS 701||Advanced International Business|
|2015||INTBUS 201||Foundations of International Business|
|2015||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2014||INTBUS 701||Advanced International Business|
|2014||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2013||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2013||INTBUS 701||Advanced International Business|
|2013||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2012||INTBUS 306||Global & Regional Business|
|2012||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2012||INTBUS 701||International Business Theory|
|2012||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2011||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
|2011||INTBUS 723||Global Business Environment|
|2011||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2010||INTBUS 210||International Business Environment|
|2010||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
|2010||INTBUS 701||International Business Theory|
|2010||INTBUS 723||Global Business Environment|
|2010||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2009||BUSADMIN 783||International Business|
|2009||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
|2008||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
Igor Ingrst, international innovation in Europe: origin, location and motives (PhD candidate)
Matthew Larsen, motives for Asian-Pacific acquisitions in Europe (MCom candidate)
Research Associate of the Europe Institute
International Journal of Emerging Markets (Editorial Review Board)
New Zealand Journal of Research on Europe (Area Editor, European Business)
Europe Institute (Advisory Board)
Areas of expertise
International business, strategic management, innovation.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Li, A., Burmester, B., & Zámborský P (2017). Subnational differences and entry mode performance: Multinationals in east and west China. Journal of Management and Organization10.1017/jmo.2017.59
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Brent Burmester
- Jacobs, E. J., Zamborsky, P., & Sbai, E. (2017). Mutual Productivity Spillovers in Slovakia: Absorptive Capacity, the Technology Gap and Non-Linear Effects. Eastern European Economics, 55 (4), 291-323. 10.1080/00128775.2017.1291306
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Erwann Sbai
- Kruesi, M. A., & Zamborsky, P. (2016). The Non-Equity Entry Mode Choices of International Hotel Organisations in New Zealand. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration, 17 (3), 316-346. 10.1080/15256480.2016.1204256
- Li, A., Burmester, B., & Zamborsky, P. (2016). Sub-national entry mode selection. Paper presented at European Academy of Management Annual Conference 2016, Paris, France. 1 June - 4 June 2016. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Brent Burmester
- Zamborsky, P. (2016). International Business and Global Strategy (First edition). Copenhagen, Denmark and London, United Kingdom: Ventus Publishing and bookboon.com. Pages: 144. Related URL.
- Zamborsky, P., & Jacobs, E. J. (2016). Reverse Productivity Spillovers in the OECD: The Contrasting Roles of R&D and Capital. Global Economy Journal, 16 (1), 113-133. 10.1515/gej-2015-0021
- Ingrst, I., Zamborsky, P., & Dachs, B. (2015). International innovation in Europe: Diversity of origin, location and motives. Paper presented at 29th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Annual Conference, Queenstown, New Zealand. 2 December - 4 December 2015. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Igor Ingrst
- Zamborsky, P., & Benson-Rea, M. (2015). The business interactions underpinning a European-New Zealand free trade agreement. Paper presented at European Union Centres Conference 2015, Auckland, New Zealand. 23 November - 24 November 2015. (pp. 23). Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Maureen Benson-Rea