Miss Rachel Chidlow
BA Waik., NZLSC Well., RLIANZA
I have worked for Te Tumu Herenga | Libraries and Learning Services at the University of Auckland for 21 years, the last 13 of which have been in managerial roles. I have significant management experience; managing teams, facilities and services. I enjoy working with people, leading teams and solving complex problems.
- Management experience and leadership
- Team building and change management
- Planning and organising
- Relationship management
Provides leadership for and operational management of the research services function and related activities within Te Tumu Herenga | Libraries and Learning Services
Lead the effective management of high-quality, client-centred research services and programmes to contribute to the achievement of the University’s research goals
In collaboration with School of Graduate Studies, Centre for eResearch, Faculties/LSRIs and other partners, develop and manage a postgraduate, doctoral and researcher development skills programme
In collaboration with Learning and Teaching Development within Libraries and Learning Services, develop a plan for research skills online resources that are scalable and customisable, optimising opportunities and resources.
Deputy Convener, Research Service Leaders Community of Practice
University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services Committee (term of office is for three years from 1 February 2018 to 31 January 2021.)
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Busby, H. R., Chidlow, R., & Richardson, E. K. (5/9/2019). Research Support, or There and Back Again. Poster presented at University Research Offices of New Zealand (URONZ) Annual Conference 2019, Auckland, New Zealand. 10.17608/k6.auckland.9789311.v1
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Emma Richardson, Hine Busby
- Han, D., Gunn, M., & Chidlow, R. (2017). eLearning initiatives - can their effectiveness really be measured?. In N. Huda, D. Inglis, N. Tse, G. Town (Eds.) Proceedings of the 28th Annual Conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE 2017), 862-866. Australia: School of Engineering, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Dahlia Han, Melissa Gunn
- Chidlow, R. J. (2017). Next generation academic libraries: closing physical spaces, opening opportunities – experiences at the Engineering Library at the University of Auckland. Paper presented at LIANZA Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand. 24 September - 27 September 2017.
- Chidlow, R., & Mountifield, H. (2010). Aging gracefully? Reviewing and enhancing Information Commons services at the University of Auckland. The VALA2010 Proceedings Melbourne Australia. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Hester Mountifield