Associate Professor Richard John Milne
BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD
1997- Managing Director, Health Outcomes Associates Ltd, and Honorary Associate Professor, University of Auckland
1995-1997 Director of Pharmacoeconomics, Adis International Ltd
1991‑1994 Managing Editor, PharmacoEconomics, Adis International Ltd
1990‑1991 Associate Editor, Scientific Writing Group, Adis International Ltd
1983‑1989 Senior Research Fellow, Department of Physiology, University of Auckland
1980‑1982 Visiting Scientist, Marine Biomedical Institute, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
1978‑1979 Medical Research Council Overseas Research Fellow, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
1972‑1977 Scientific Officer, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
1969‑1971 Medical Physicist, Wellington Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand
Research | Current
Economic evaluation of clinical programmes, immunisation programmes, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Medical Research Fellowship 1978-81
Areas of expertise
Economic evaluation of clinical programmes, immunisation programmes, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Teaching and training in economic evaluation.
Founding Convenor of a community committee on responses to global climate change. Deputy Chair of Auckland Choral.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Milne, R. J., Gearry, R. B., & Eglinton, T. W. (2016). HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS AND COSTS OF CROHN'S DISEASE IN NEW ZEALAND AND THE IMPACT OF ADALIMUMAB. VALUE IN HEALTH. (pp. 1).
- Milne, R. J., & Beasley, R. (2015). Hospital admissions for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in New Zealand. New Zealand Medical Journal, 128 (1408), 23-35. Related URL.
- Milne, R. J., Hockey, H., & Rea, H. (2014). Long-term air humidification therapy is cost-effective for patients with moderate or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or bronchiectasis. Value in Health, 17 (4), 320-327. 10.1016/j.jval.2014.01.007
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Harold Rea
- Selak, V., Elley, C. R., Bullen, C., Crengle, S., Wadham, A., Rafter, N., ... Arroll, B. (2014). Effect of fixed dose combination treatment on adherence and risk factor control among patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease: randomised controlled trial in primary care. BMJ, 348
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Matire Harwood, Vanessa Selak, Rob Doughty, Raina Elley, Bruce Arroll, Rodney Jackson, Varsha Parag, Chris Bullen
- Milne, R. J., Lennon, D., Stewart, J., & Scuffham, P. A. (2013). Economic evaluation of a school clinic intervention to prevent rheumatic fever. Value Health, 16 (3)10.1016/j.jval.2013.03.962
- Milne, R. J., Lennon, D. R., Stewart, J. M., Vander Hoorn, S., & Scuffham, P. A. (2012). Incidence of acute rheumatic fever in New Zealand children and youth. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 48 (8), 685-691. 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2012.02447.x
- Milne, R. J., Lennon, D., Stewart, J. M., Vander Hoorn, S., & Scuffham, P. A. (2012). Mortality and hospitalisation costs of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease in New Zealand. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 48 (8), 692-697. 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2012.02446.x
- Milne, R. J., Lennon, D. R., Stewart, J. M., Vander Hoorn, S., & Scuffham, P. A. (2012). Incidence of acute rheumatic fever in New Zealand children and youth. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health