Dr Rajshri Roy
Bachelor of Science, Nutrition and Dietetics (BSC), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), The University of Sydney.
Rajshri has recently completed her PhD research at the Charles Perkins Centre in the University of Sydney. Her research is in the area of population nutrition and community dietetics looking at lifestyle and food environment interventions and nutritional epidemiology in young adults.
Specialising in research, public health nutrition and clinical dietetics, she is currently working as a lecturer in the University of Auckland, teaching in the Masters of Health Sciences in Nutrition and Dietetics programme and conducting research in the area of nutrition and dietetics.
Rajshri is passionate about food and nutrition and its relation to holistic health.
Research | Current
Her research is in the area of population nutrition and community dietetics looking at food environment interventions in tertiary education settings and nutrition education in young adults.
Teaching | Current
She teaches in and coordinates the Masters of Health Sciences in Nutrition and Dietetics programme.
DIETETIC 704 - Professional Skills 1
DIETETIC 705 - Professional Skills 2
DIETETIC 706 A/B - Professional Skills 3
POPLHLTH 206 - Life Cycle Nutrition
POPLHLTH 765 - Nutrition Interventions in Public Health
MEDSCI 101G - Environmental Threats to Human Health
MHSc thesis supervision
PhD thesis supervision
Areas of expertise
Public Health Nutrition; Obesity; Diet; Food Environment Interventions; Dietary Behaviour change, Young Adults; Health Promotion; Social Marketing.
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences Wellness Committee
- Tertiary Wellbeing Aotearoa New Zealand
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Partridge, S. R., Gibson, A. A., Roy, R., Malloy, J. A., Raeside, R., Jia, S. S., ... Wang, T. (2020). Junk food on demand: A cross-sectional analysis of the nutritional quality of popular online food delivery outlets in Australia and New Zealand. Nutrients, 12 (10), 1-16. 10.3390/nu12103107
- Roy, R., & Alassadi, D. (2020). Does labelling of healthy foods on menus using symbols promote better choices at the point-of-purchase?. Public Health Nutrition10.1017/S1368980020002840
- Roy, R., Styles, T. W., & Braakhuis, A. (2019). Do health programmes within the New Zealand food industry influence the work environment for employees?. Health Promotion International, 1-15. 10.1093/heapro/daz079
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Andrea Braakhuis
- Roy, R., Soo, D., Conroy, D., Wall, C. R., & Swinburn, B. (2019). Exploring University Food Environment and On-Campus Food Purchasing Behaviors, Preferences, and Opinions. Journal of nutrition education and behavior, 51 (7), 865-875. 10.1016/j.jneb.2019.03.003
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Clare Wall, Boyd Swinburn
- Roy, R., McCarroll, R., Braakhuis, A., & Wall, C. (2018). Food and Nutrition. In M. A. Henning, Krägeloh CU, R. Dryer, F. Moir, R. Billington, A. G. Hill (Eds.) Wellbeing in Higher Education - Cultivating a Healthy Lifestyle Among Faculty and Students (pp. ). Routledge. 10.4324/9781315641539-13
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Rebecca McCarroll, Andrea Braakhuis, Clare Wall
- Roy, R., Rangan, A., Hebden, L., Yu Louie, J. C., Tang, L. M., Kay, J., & Allman-Farinelli, M. (2017). Dietary Contribution of Foods and Beverages sold within a University Campus and its Effect on Diet-Quality of Young Adults. Nutrition, 34, 118-123. 10.1016/j.nut.2016.09.013
- Grech, A., Hebden, L., Roy, R., & Allman-Farinelli, M. (2016). Are products sold in university vending machines nutritionally poor? A food environment audit. Nutrition and Dietetics, 74 (2), 185-190. 10.1111/1747-0080.12332
- Roy, R., Beattie-Bowers, J., Ang, S. M., Colagiuri, S., & Allman-Farinelli, M. (2016). The Effect of Energy Labelling on Menus and a Social Marketing Campaign on Food-Purchasing Behaviours of University Students. BMC Public Health, 16.10.1186/s12889-016-3426-x