Miss Rachel Xiucui Chen
Master of Science in Medical Statistics
Rachel Chen was awarded a Master of Science with First Class Honours in Medical Statistics at the University of Auckland in 2008. After graduation, she relocated to Sacramento to work at the University of California, Davis (UC Davis) in the Biostatistics Division of the Department of Public Health Sciences. As part of her role, she also acted as a consultant for the Biostatistics Group of the Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) at the UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento. In 2014, Rachel moved to Auckland to work in her current position at the University of Auckland.
As a consultant at the Statistical Consulting Centre (SCC), Rachel provides statistical advice and assistance to the staff and students across the university and also services to external clients outside of university. Within the University of Auckland, she has included work in the biostatistics team in the National Institute for Health Innovation (NIHI) and as a biostatistician in Growing Up in New Zealand (GUiNZ).
Research | Current
- All New Zealand Acute Coronary Syndrome Quality Improvement (ANZACS QI)
- The impact of milk consumption on children's heath
- Informatics & Technology used in health system
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Kerr, A., Lee, M., Grey, C., Pegg, T., Fisher, N., White, H., ... Scott, T. (2019). Acute reperfusion for ST-elevation myocardial infarction in New Zealand (2015-2017): patient and system delay (ANZACS-QI 29). The New Zealand medical journal, 132 (1498), 41-59.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Matire Harwood, Corina Grey, Yannan Jiang
- Lovell, A. L., Davies, P. S. W., Hill, R. J., Milne, T., Matsuyama, M., Jiang, Y., ... Wall, C. R. (2019). A comparison of the effect of a Growing Up Milk - Lite (GUMLi) v. cows' milk on longitudinal dietary patterns and nutrient intakes in children aged 12-23 months: the GUMLi randomised controlled trial. The British journal of nutrition, 121 (6), 678-687. 10.1017/s0007114518003847
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Yannan Jiang, Cameron Grant, Clare Wall, Amy Lovell
- Wall, C. R., Hill, R. J., Lovell, A. L., Matsuyama, M., Milne, T., Grant, C. C., ... Davies, P. S. W. (2019). A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the effect of consuming Growing Up Milk "Lite" on body composition in children aged 12-23 mo. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 109 (3), 576-585. 10.1093/ajcn/nqy302
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cameron Grant, Clare Wall, Yannan Jiang, Trecia Wouldes, Amy Lovell
- Yoon, C. H., Ritchie, S. R., Duffy, E. J., Thomas, M. G., McBride, S., Read, K., ... Humphrey, G. (2019). Impact of a smartphone app on prescriber adherence to antibiotic guidelines in adult patients with community acquired pneumonia or urinary tract infections. PloS one, 14 (1)10.1371/journal.pone.0211157
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Stephen Ritchie, Gayl Humphrey, Mark Thomas, Eamon Duffy
- Lovell, A. L., Milne, T., Jiang, Y., Chen, R. X., Grant, C. C., & Wall, C. R. (2019). Evaluation of the Effect of a Growing up Milk Lite vs. Cow's Milk on Diet Quality and Dietary Intakes in Early Childhood: The Growing up Milk Lite (GUMLi) Randomised Controlled Trial. Nutrients, 11 (1).10.3390/nu11010203
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Yannan Jiang, Clare Wall, Cameron Grant
- Lovell, A. L., Davies, P. S. W., Hill, R. J., Milne, T., Matsuyama, M., Jiang, Y., ... Grant, C. C. (2018). Compared with Cow Milk, a Growing-Up Milk Increases Vitamin D and Iron Status in Healthy Children at 2 Years of Age: The Growing-Up Milk-Lite (GUMLi) Randomized Controlled Trial. The Journal of nutrition, 148 (10), 1570-1579. 10.1093/jn/nxy167
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Clare Wall, Trecia Wouldes, Cameron Grant, Yannan Jiang, Amy Lovell
- Zwingenberger, A. L., Pollard, R. E., Taylor, S. L., Chen, R. X., Nunley, J., & Kent, M. S. (2016). Perfusion and Volume Response of Canine Brain Tumors to Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Radiotherapy. Journal of veterinary internal medicine, 30 (3), 827-835. 10.1111/jvim.13945
- Steffey, M. A., Daniel, L., Taylor, S. L., Chen, R. X., & Zwingenberger, A. L. (2015). Computed tomographic pneumocolonography in normal dogs. Veterinary radiology & ultrasound : the official journal of the American College of Veterinary Radiology and the International Veterinary Radiology Association, 56 (3), 278-285. 10.1111/vru.12235