Professor Susan Geertshuis
BA (Hons), PhD, AFBPS, ChPsych
Susan joined The University of Auckland in 2003 as Professor of Lifelong Learning. Initially she was employed as Director of the Centre for Continuing Education and more recently was engaged by the Business School. Prior to moving to Auckland Susan was Professor of Organisational Studies, Director of the Centre for Learning and Innovation in Organisations, Director of the Centre for Learning Research, Research Director of the Centre for Learning Development and Deputy Director of the Health Services Research Unit at UK Universities.
Susan is Professor of Lifelong Learning and Director of Learning and Teaching. She leads the Business School's Innovative Learning and Teaching Team (ILT).
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Geertshuis, S. A., Morrison, R. L., & Cooper-Thomas, H. D. (2015). It’s not what you say, it’s that way that you say it: The mediating effect of upward influencing communications on the relationship between leader-member exchange and performance ratings. International Journal of Business Communication: IJBC, 52 (2), 228-245. 10.1177/2329488415572784
- Geertshuis, S., Jung, M., & Cooper-Thomas, H. (2014). Preparing students for higher education: The role of proactivity. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 26 (2), 157-169. Related URL.
- Morrison, R. L., Cooper-Thomas, H. D., & Geertshuis, S. A. (2013). When relationships at work, work (and don't work!). European Business Review, 2013 (September-October), 67-71. Related URL.
- Geertshuis, S. A., Price, M., & Cooper Thomas, H. (2013). Appraisals of self and situation as determinants of upward influencing tactics. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43 (8), 1563-1577. 10.1111/jasp.12106
- Geertshuis, S., Morrison, R. L., & Cooper-Thomas, H. D. (2013). The influential subordinate: An oxymoron or a daily necessity?. In R. Morrison, H. D. Cooper-Thomas (Eds.) Relationships in organisations: A work psychology perspective (pp. 74-106). Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
Mobile 021 372929
Primary office location
SIR OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
Level 5, Room 580
12 GRAFTON RD