Dr Shaun Hotchkiss
I grew up in Auckland and was an undergraduate here from 2002-2006. Before arriving back I was a postdoctoral researcher in Brighton at Sussex University from 2013-2015, and before that I was at the Helsinki Institute of Physics and University of Helsinki from 2010-2013.
Before that, I received my doctorate from the theoretical physics department at Oxford University. While in Oxford, I was a post-graduate student at Balliol College. Before that, I was an undergraduate student of physics and maths here at the University of Auckland.
I also contribute to a collaborative blog, The Trenches of Discovery. The purpose of the blog is to help make fundamental research more accessible, as well as to open up a dialogue between different fields of research. More details regarding our motivation can be found here and here. And I also help to run the Life Beyond School programme.
You can find me on Twitter here: @just_shaun.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Bella, L. F. D. L., Regan, D., Seery, D., & Hotchkiss, S. (2017). The matter power spectrum in redshift space using effective field theory. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 2017.10.1088/1475-7516/2017/11/039
- Adamek, J., Gosenca, M., & Hotchkiss, S. (2016). Spherically symmetric -body simulations with general relativistic dynamics. Physical Review D, 93 (2).10.1103/PhysRevD.93.023526
- Nadathur, S., Hotchkiss, S., Diego, J. M., Iliev, I. T., Gottlober, S., Watson, W. A., & Yepes, G. (2015). Self-similarity and universality of void density profiles in simulation and SDSS data. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 449 (4), 3997-4009. 10.1093/mnras/stv513
- Hotchkiss, S., Nadathur, S., Gottlober, S., Iliev, I. T., Knebe, A., Watson, W. A., & Yepes, G. (2014). The Jubilee ISW Project - II. Observed and simulated imprints of voids and superclusters on the cosmic microwave background. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 446 (2), 1321-1334. 10.1093/mnras/stu2072
- Nadathur, S., Lavinto, M., Hotchkiss, S., & Räsänen S (2014). Can a supervoid explain the cold spot?. Physical Review D, 90 (10).10.1103/PhysRevD.90.103510
- Nadathur, S., & Hotchkiss, S. (2014). A robust public catalogue of voids and superclusters in the SDSS Data Release 7 galaxy surveys. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 440 (2), 1248-1262. 10.1093/mnras/stu349
- Watson, W. A., Diego, J. M., Gottlober, S., Iliev, I. T., Knebe, A., Martinez-Gonzalez, E., ... Hotchkiss, S. (2014). The Jubilee ISW project - I. Simulated ISW and weak lensing maps and initial power spectra results. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 438 (1), 412-425. 10.1093/mnras/stt2208
- Flender, S., & Hotchkiss, S. (2013). The small scale power asymmetry in the cosmic microwave background. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 2013 (09), 033-033. 10.1088/1475-7516/2013/09/033