Mr Sujith Jose Padiyara
MBA, BE Computer Engineering
Mr Sujith Padiyara is an Engineer and Senior IT and Network Specialist. He works for the Transportation Research Centre and specialises in ITIL and Service Delivery. Sujith has “hands-on” expertise gained in the management and execution of research projects in IT and IT related areas of Transportation, Structural Engineering, Education and Manufacturing.
Sujith is ITIL v3 Certified and has wide knowledge in all segments of transportation spectrum. He’s worked at the University of Auckland since 2007 and prior to that worked as a Systems Administrator for AIS St Helens in Auckland for four years. From 2001 to 2003 he worked at Clarion Systems as a Software Engineer.
Sujith is an active participant and contributor in the field of Automated and Connected Vehicle Technology. He is also active in the field of the concept of Big Data and integrating Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
Testing and Instrumentation are Sujith’s other key area of expertise. He is also managing and maintaining ITS and Traffic Operations lab (Data Visualisation laboratory – DVL) for Transportation Engineering at University of Auckland.
MBA, International Business , Auckland (2005)
BE, Computer Engineering , Cochin (1999)
Research | Current
- Traffic operations and management.
- Intelligent transportation systems.
- Network modelling and simulation.
- Traffic safety and human factors.
- Application of advanced technologies in transportation.
- Transportation Research Centre (www.trc.net.nz)
Professional Team excellence award - 2014
Professional Staff excellence award - 2011
Areas of expertise
Transportation Engineering, Simulation, Modelling,Visulisation, Instrumentation, Programming, Systems Administration, Network Engineering, Big Data, MaaS (Mobility as a Service) , Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Smart Cities,Vehicle to Vehicle Communication(V2V), Vehicle to Infrastructure Communication (V2I), Automated Vechicle, Autonomous Driving
Member of Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand- Transportation (IPENZ)
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Etemad, H., Costello, S. B., Wilson, D. J., & Padiyara, S. (2016). Using an instrumented bicycle to help understand cyclists' perception of risk. Road and Transport Research: a journal of Australian and New Zealand research and practice, 25 (3), 75-78. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Seosamh Costello, Doug Wilson