Dr Sally Dorothy Mackay
BCApSc, MSc (Nutrition), PGDip Public Health, PhD
Research | Current
Monitoring and creating healthy food environments. Food policy interventions. Composition of food.
Teaching | Current
Course Director POPLHLTH 206: Lifecycle Nutrition
Course Director POPLHLTH 305: Community Nutrition
Areas of expertise
Public Health Nutrition
Member of Registration Panel of Nutrition Society
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Mackay, S., Vandevijvere, S., Xie, P., Lee, A., & Swinburn, B. (2017). Paying for convenience: Comparing the cost of takeaway meals with their healthier home-cooked counterparts in New Zealand. Public Health Nutrition, 20 (13), 2269-2276. 10.1017/S1368980017000805
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Boyd Swinburn
- Vandevijvere, S., Mackay, S., & Swinburn, B. (2017). Benchmarking food environments 2017: Progress by the New Zealand government on implementing recommended food environment policiesand prioritised recommendations. Auckland, New Zealand: University of Auckland.
- Waterlander, W. E., & Mackay, S. (2016). Costing a healthy diet: Measurement and policy implications. Public Health Nutrition, 19 (16), 2867-2871. 10.1017/S136898001600272X
- Mackay, S., Stefanogiannis, N., & Turley, M. (2012). A focus on Pacific nutrition: Findings from the 2008/09 New Zealand adult nutrition survey. Wellington, New Zealand: Ministry of Health.
- Mackay, S., Stefanogiannis, N., & Turley, M. (2012). A focus on Māori nutrition: Findings from the 2008/09 New Zealand adult nutrition survey. Wellington, New Zealand: Ministry of Health.
213/38 Khyber Pass Road, Grafton 1023
021 0242 6760
Primary office location
M&HS BUILDING 507 - Bldg 507
Level 1, Room 1001
28 PARK AVE