Professor Suzanne Lyn Barker-Collo
Research | Current
My research interests lie in the areas of neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation.
Teaching | Current
I teach Clinical Neuropsychology, and Research and Professional Issues as part of the Clinical Training Programme.
Examples of student research topics in these areas conducted under my supervision include:
- Rehabilitation of memory following brain injury
- Long term outcomes of posterior fossa tumours in childhood
- Information processing in multiple sclerosis
- Poststroke cognition and mood.
I also maintain active research supervision for topics more general to clinical psychology such as:
- Testing a model of violence prediction in the general population
- Examining the impact of antenatal yoga on birth outcomes.
Honorary staff member of the National Centre for Stroke, Applied neurosciences and Neurorehabilitation (NRC-SANN)
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Theadom, A., Barker-Collo, S., Jones, K. M., Parmar, P., Bhattacharjee, R., & Feigin, V. L. (2018). MLC901 (NeuroAiD II™) for cognition after traumatic brain injury: a pilot randomized clinical trial. European journal of neurology, 25 (8), 1055-1e82. 10.1111/ene.13653
- Mahon, S., Theadom, A., Barker-Collo, S., Taylor, S., Krishnamurthi, R., Jones, K., ... Feigin, V. (2018). The Contribution of Vascular Risk Factors in Prevalence of Fatigue Four Years Following Stroke: Results from a Population-Based Study. Journal of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases : the official journal of National Stroke Association, 27 (8), 2192-2199. 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2018.03.020
- Fullman, N., Yearwood, J., Abay, S. M., Abbafati, C., Abd-Allah, F., Abdela, J., ... Aboyans, V. (2018). Measuring performance on the Healthcare Access and Quality Index for 195 countries and territories and selected subnational locations: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. The Lancet, 391 (10136), 2236-2271. 10.1016/S0140-6736(18)30994-2
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Khanh Tran
- Jones, K. M., Bhattacharjee, R., Krishnamurthi, R., Blanton, S., Barker-Collo, S., Theadom, A., ... Parmar, P. (2018). Determining the feasibility and preliminary efficacy of a stroke instructional and educational DVD in a multinational context: a randomized controlled pilot study. Clinical Rehabilitation, 026921551877756-026921551877756. 10.1177/0269215518777565
- Phan, H. T., Blizzard, C. L., Reeves, M. J., Thrift, A. G., Cadilhac, D. A., Sturm, J., ... Anderson, C. (2018). Factors contributing to sex differences in functional outcomes and participation after stroke. Neurology, 90 (22), e1945-e1953. 10.1212/wnl.0000000000005602
- (2018). Transport injuries and deaths in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: findings from the Global Burden of Disease 2015 Study. International Journal of Public Health, 63 (S1), 187-198. 10.1007/s00038-017-0987-0
- (2018). Maternal mortality and morbidity burden in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: findings from the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study. International Journal of Public Health, 63 (S1), 47-61. 10.1007/s00038-017-1004-3
- (2018). Burden of cardiovascular diseases in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, 1990–2015: findings from the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study. International Journal of Public Health, 63 (S1), 137-149. 10.1007/s00038-017-1012-3