Professor Sing Kiong Nguang
BE (Hon I), PhD
Sing Kiong Nguang received his BE (with first class honours) and PhD degree from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Newcastle, Australia, in 1992 and 1995, respectively.
He has published 6 books and over 300 refereed journal and conference papers on nonlinear control design, nonlinear control systems, nonlinear time-delay systems, nonlinear sampled-data systems, biomedical systems modelling, fuzzy modelling and control, biological systems modelling and control, and food and bioproduct processing. He has served on the editorial board of a number of international journals.
He is the Chief-Editor of the International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control.
BE (Hon I), Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Newcastle, 1992
PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Newcastle, 1995
Research | Current
- Polynomial Control Systems
- Networked Control Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Renewable Energy
- Synthetic Biology
Systems and Control Group
Teaching | Current
- ELECTENG 303 - Systems and Control
- ELECTENG 722 - Control Systems
- ELECTENG 704 - Advanced Control Systems
- Senior member IEEE
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Saat, M. S. M., Nguang, S. K., & Nasiri, A. (2017). Analysis and Synthesis of Polynomial Discrete-Time Systems An SOS Approach. Butterworth-Heinemann. Pages: 200.
- Wen, J., Nguang, S. K., Shi, P., & Nasiri, A. (2017). Robust H∞ control of discrete-time nonhomogenous markovian jump systems via multistep lyapunov function approach. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 47 (7), 1439-1450. 10.1109/TSMC.2016.2617621
- Zhao, X., Shi, P., Yin, Y., & Nguang, S. K. (2017). New results on stability of slowly switched systems: A multiple discontinuous lyapunov function approach. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 62 (7), 3502-3509. 10.1109/TAC.2016.2614911
- Wen, J., Nguang, S. K., Shi, P., & Peng, L. (2017). Finite-time stabilization of Markovian jump delay systems - a switching control approach. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 27 (2), 298-318. 10.1002/rnc.3575
- Zhang, D., Nguang, S. K., Srinivasan, D., & Yu, L. (2017). Distributed Filtering for Discrete-time T-S Fuzzy Systems with Incomplete Measurements. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 1-1. 10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2725228
- Zhang, D., Nguang, S. K., & Yu, L. (2017). Distributed Control of Large-Scale Networked Control Systems With Communication Constraints and Topology Switching. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 1-12. 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2681702
- Nasiri, A., Nguang, S. K., Swain, A., & Almakhles, D. J. (2017). Reducing conservatism in H¥ Robust State Feedback Control design of T-S Fuzzy Systems: A Non-monotonic Approach. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 1-1. 10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2649580
- Wang, H., & Nguang, S. K. (2016). Multi-target video tracking based on improved data association and mixed Kalman/ H∞ filtering. IEEE Sensors Journal, 16 (21), 7693-7704. 10.1109/JSEN.2016.2603975