Dr Soroush Safaei
BE Sharif, PhD
Soroush Safaei received a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from the Sharif University of Technology in Iran in 2009.
In 2010 he joined the Auckland Bioengineering Institute as a PhD student with the Physiome Project group. His PhD research focused on developing a comprehensive framework for modelling the human vascular system using computational methods. Soroush is continuing his academic career as a post-doctoral research fellow at the Auckland Bioengineering Institute.
Research | Current
Soroush's primary research interests are in implementing vascular models in OpenCMISS for studying diabetes.
Areas of expertise
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Safaei, S., Bradley, C. P., Suresh, V., Mithraratne, P., Muller, A., Ho, H., ... Chase, J. G. (2016). Roadmap for cardiovascular circulation model. The Journal of Physiology, 594 (23), 6909-6928. 10.1113/jp272660
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Peter Hunter, Harvey Ho, Christopher Bradley, Kumar Mithraratne, Vinod Suresh
- Safaei, S. (2015). Simulating Blood Flow in an Anatomical Arterial Network The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.
- de Bono, B., Safaei, S., Grenon, P., Nickerson, D. P., Alexander, S., Helvensteijn, M., ... Yu, T. (2015). The Open Physiology workflow: modeling processes over physiology circuitboards of interoperable tissue units. Frontiers in Physiology, 6.10.3389/fphys.2015.00024
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Tommy Yu, David Nickerson, Peter Hunter
- Safaei, S., Bradley, C. P., & Suresh, V. (7/7/2014). 1D modelling of blood flow in human vascular network. Poster presented at 7th World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB2014), Boston, U.S.A.. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christopher Bradley, Vinod Suresh
- Nickerson, D. P., Ladd, D., Hussan, J. R., Safaei, S., Suresh, V., Hunter, P. J., & Bradley, C. P. (2014). Using CellML with OpenCMISS to Simulate Multi-Scale Physiology. Frontiers in bioengineering and biotechnology, 210.3389/fbioe.2014.00079
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jagir Hussan, Vinod Suresh, Peter Hunter, Christopher Bradley, David Nickerson
- Bradley, C., Bowery, A., Britten, R., Budelmann, V., Camara, O., Christie, R., ... Heidlauf, T. (2011). OpenCMISS: a multi-physics & multi-scale computational infrastructure for the VPH/Physiome project. Prog Biophys Mol Biol, 107 (1), 32-47. 10.1016/j.pbiomolbio.2011.06.015
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Tommy Yu, Peter Hunter, Vijayaraghavan Rajagopal, Poul Nielsen, Thiranja Babarenda Gamage
- Bradley, C., Bowery, A., Britten, R., Budelmann, V., Camara, O., Christie, R., ... Heidlauf, T. (2011). OpenCMISS: A multi-physics & multi-scale computational infrastructure for the VPH/Physiome project. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, 107 (1), 32-47.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Martyn Nash, Kumar Mithraratne, Tommy Yu, Peter Hunter, Christopher Bradley, David Nickerson, Poul Nielsen, Vijayaraghavan Rajagopal, Thiranja Babarenda Gamage